2019 smog in Chiang Mai

fresher

Here we go again. 1st February, people in CM with violent sneezing fits, masks back in use (3M have run out!), me with stinging eyes and smokey throat and Doi Suthep well into its annual disappearing act. Bangkok has gained international recognition for its innovative counter-offensive with water spraying hoses, drones and official prononsements. I trust Chiang Mai will rise to the challenge and soon be just as news-worthy with even higher numbers and some great new ideas of its own. Any suggestions?

Maybe the will revive the old plan of installing HUGE fans

and blowing all the pollution over into Burma.????

I am not suffering any symptoms the OP describes,will

take a look in the morning to see if Doi Suthep is there

or not.

regards worgeordie

Can you imagine a million drones hovering over CM, each lugging 1 liter of moat water?  On universal command all dump their load simultaneously, for a 5 second cooling city shower.

Let's crowdfund the drone network..  Send me PM and i'll give you an address for your contribution. 

8 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Maybe the will revive the old plan of installing HUGE fans

and blowing all the pollution over into Burma.????

I am not suffering any symptoms the OP describes,will

take a look in the morning to see if Doi Suthep is there

or not.

regards worgeordie

Its not there its vanished into thin air???? 

1 hour ago, FredLee said:

I live about 35 km north of Chiang Mai city, and it has become very hazy here the last few days. Much more than this time last year.

Except that there is actual sites you can access to prove that your perception isn't factually correct.

Every year without fail everyone says it's worse than last year - but it's not. It's verifiably not. 

crying.jpg

Here we go again with annual piss..ing and moaning about smoke. It happens every year, it ain't gonna stop, some years are worse than others. If it effects you to the point that your health is seriously compromised get the he...ll out here, simple. Otherwise, stop the complaining and go about living your life.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 hours ago, lipflipper said:

Here we go again with annual piss..ing and moaning about smoke. It happens every year, it ain't gonna stop, some years are worse than others. If it effects you to the point that your health is seriously compromised get the he...ll out here, simple. Otherwise, stop the complaining and go about living your life.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Such attitudes and mind sets are the reason they'll never be change in this world until it's too late. Where do you suggest the locals with Thai citizenship and a sh!tty passport should go to? Or the children coughing up their lungs? 

6 hours ago, orchis said:

it's been worse than last year, and earlier too in Lamphun

Actually it's been really pleasant in Lamphun province until this week.  I didn't pull the air purifier out of storage until last night.  The burning eyes while in the house and a look outside convinced me that 'it's that time yet again.'  We'll be looking forward to the rainy season. 

3 hours ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

Such attitudes and mind sets are the reason they'll never be change in this world until it's too late. Where do you suggest the locals with Thai citizenship and a sh!tty passport should go to? Or the children coughing up their lungs? 

He doesn't know.  Just another pisser and moaner about the pisser and moaners, it happens every year... 555

3 hours ago, ZeVonderBearz said:

There are certainly other places in Thailand that do not have these issues. No passport is necessary to go.

I agree with the poster.

There are other options for most Thai citizens.

Archived