Is marriage necessary ? Doesn’t it make the situation more uncontrollable ?

Franck60

You want an easy life ? You have a partner / housekeeper who prepares your weekly menu -I personally find it extraordinary that many members of TV treat their wives ( because of the alpha male concept- and they give them money ) as nothing more than a servant. 

There is this wonderful thing called a kitchen - the Internet provides every possible recipe. 

OP - what is this obsession about getting married- unless you are Catholic perhaps. Don’t do it. 

And treat your partner as an equal 
My gf physically pushes me out of the kitchen if i TRY to do the dishes or cook something that she can do.

She leaves me alone in there if I'm making something she doesn't know how to. But often stands by with a spoon to start sampling it [emoji14]

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No never, repeat endlessly everytime you think you might till common sense strikes.

Reading the divorce threads is good too.

If she insists on getting married, have a village wedding, big party, monks, not legal as in taking all your money.

Thai culture was a scam that my ex wife used on me all the time. in the end she told me I had to give my money to her <deleted> family because it was Thai culture and that was the end of our marriage. Happily I got the sin sod back, so they didn't get it all.

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:50 PM, peterb17 said:

You want an easy life ? You have a partner / housekeeper who prepares your weekly menu -I personally find it extraordinary that many members of TV treat their wives ( because of the alpha male concept- and they give them money ) as nothing more than a servant. 

There is this wonderful thing called a kitchen - the Internet provides every possible recipe. 

OP - what is this obsession about getting married- unless you are Catholic perhaps. Don’t do it. 

LOL, the Thai partner may treat the farang as less equal. I unfortunately ended up within the reach of the family and quickly realised I was nothing and they were everything. Inevitable divorce followed. 

Pity, as our first year far far away from them was bliss.

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 9:50 PM, peterb17 said:

I personally find it extraordinary that many members of TV treat their wives ( because of the alpha male concept- and they give them money ) as nothing more than a servant. 

My ex wife was a professional chef and loved cooking, but you think I should do my own cooking ( and ? for her )?

Given I did "give her money" and she contributed nothing to "us", and she had a 100% better lifestyle than she would have had on her own, how should I have regarded her when she treated me like an ATM?

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No never, repeat endlessly everytime you think you might till common sense strikes.

Reading the divorce threads is good too.

If she insists on getting married, have a village wedding, big party, monks, not legal as in taking all your money.

Thai culture was a scam that my ex wife used on me all the time. in the end she told me I had to give my money to her <deleted> family because it was Thai culture and that was the end of our marriage. Happily I got the sin sod back, so they didn't get it all.

Actually providing support to the wife's family is "Thai culture" in the rural areas. The support is dependent on what you can afford and how the parents are spending it, but 3K-6K a month (went you can afford it) is not over the top. Now if they are spending it gambling or drunk on lao khao all day that is a different issue, but providing a small amount of support to your in laws is a part of Thai culture unless your in-laws are the CEO's of Chang Brewery (or Leo Brewery).

On 2/2/2019 at 8:15 AM, wgdanson said:

My GF of 10 years must have no face left at all. I asked if she wanted to get married but she turned me down yesterday with the usual answer....Up to You !

That does not sound like a rejection... she sounds like a nice lady though. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:39 PM, Ahab said:

Actually providing support to the wife's family is "Thai culture" in the rural areas. The support is dependent on what you can afford and how the parents are spending it, but 3K-6K a month (went you can afford it) is not over the top. Now if they are spending it gambling or drunk on lao khao all day that is a different issue, but providing a small amount of support to your in laws is a part of Thai culture unless your in-laws are the CEO's of Chang Brewery (or Leo Brewery).

My in laws had more than I ever did in LOS. Property, and well paying jobs. I was retired and supporting myself and my wife off my savings. Why the <deleted> should I have given them a satang?

14 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

My in laws had more than I ever did in LOS. Property, and well paying jobs. I was retired and supporting myself and my wife off my savings. Why the <deleted> should I have given them a satang?

If you had read my post and comprehended what I wrote you would have understood that in your particular case that supporting the parents was not required, or even suggested. My commends applied to in-laws that are poor and have little resources except for what their daughters and sons can send them each month, which is very common in the rural areas of Thailand. That was my only point and it appears that my post did not apply to your particular situation, which is a good thing.

On 2/2/2019 at 3:50 PM, peterb17 said:

If she wants a wage, and I pay her, she's an employee, end of.

7 minutes ago, Ahab said:

If you had read my post and comprehended what I wrote you would have understood that in your particular case that supporting the parents was not required, or even suggested. My commends applied to in-laws that are poor and have little resources except for what their daughters and sons can send them each month, which is very common in the rural areas of Thailand. That was my only point and it appears that my post did not apply to your particular situation, which is a good thing.

My wife's cousin married a rich farang that gave them loadsacash. I think they thought ALL farangs were rich. 

On 2/9/2019 at 8:48 AM, JayBird said:

My gf physically pushes me out of the kitchen if i TRY to do the dishes or cook something that she can do.

She leaves me alone in there if I'm making something she doesn't know how to. But often stands by with a spoon to start sampling it emoji14.png

Wow! Sounds like a riot in your house mate.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

My wife's cousin married a rich farang that gave them loadsacash. I think they thought ALL farangs were rich. 

Some people do that but it can be counter productive, and even my in-laws took some convincing that I didn't have endless supplies of cash. We had saved up before moving and bought a house and truck with cash, that does not mean we have enough cash to buy three more trucks and a couple of more houses. We live a very comfortable life and my wife has made it clear that we are not a source of money for loans etc. Compared to many of the people in the area where we live we do have a bunch more than most. Maybe what someone thinks makes someone rich is relative.

Archived