Democrat Elizabeth Warren apologies to Cherokee Nation for DNA test

rooster59

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

She stated that She was ethnic Cherokee on the college forms and as far as I am aware , Cherokee is regarded as being an ethnic minority

Again, read again instead of just blindly repeating the first nonsense you come across.  Perhaps read what the college says she did instead of what Fox news claims she did.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sanemax said:

White people stole American Indians land, now She tried to steal their identity . 

For real American Indians , it must be embarrassing for a Causation woman to pretend to be an American Indian to further her career or to make herself appear to be a minority 

Except for the first 6 words...this is really grasping for straws and further manufacturing outrage!

And while we are hyper- pc: American indians???

16 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

you are just making things up

5 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

just blindly repeating the first article you came across.

3 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

just blindly repeating the first nonsense you come across.  Perhaps read what the college says she did instead of what Fox news claims she did.

3 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Clearly a worldly chap.

Sensing a pattern here so oft found in supporters of the left. When challenged, then accusations, assumptions, and veiled insults ensue with little or no facts to back up the argument. The irony of course being that you're doing exactly what you are saying others are doing. Repeating nonsense you have read and what CNN (or whatever other propaganda arm of the Democrat Party you watch) tell you. So go ahead and vote for President Elizabeth "Fauxcahontas I'll go get me a beer" Warren then. Nobody will take you anymore seriously than they do her.

8 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Again, read again instead of just blindly repeating the first nonsense you come across.  Perhaps read what the college says she did instead of what Fox news claims she did.

"There is no dispute that Warren formally notified officials at the University of Pennsylvania and then Harvard claiming Native American heritage after she was hired."

"I listed myself (in the) directory in the hopes that might mean that I would be invited to a luncheon, a group something, with people who are like I am," Warren told reporters 

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/dec/01/facts-behind-elizabeth-warren-and-her-native-ameri/

1 hour ago, 348GTS said:

Gosh, you're not very informed are you? Trump didn't lose anything. If you think that a DNA test that shows a purported result of 0.001% possible Native American heritage equates to "telling the truth the whole time", then I don't know what to tell you... That amount of ancestry is so insignificant, that it is alleged to be less than the amount found in the average American. When someone claims to be "part-Cherokee" and talks about how their mother had to elope due to her father's family "not liking that she was part Cherokee and part Delaware Indian", (which she talked about in her 2012 campaign ad... WHY?), or when that person identifies themselves in the American Law Schools Directory from 1986-1995 as "a minority", or when they are a "minority recipient" of the University of Pennsylvania’s Minority Equity Committee teaching award, or when articles mention them as being "Harvard Laws School's first woman of colour", then you would naturally expect their DNA test to show substantially more than a 1/1024th result based on those types of claims right ?? Surely!! If you did a DNA test and it showed 0.001% Eskimo, would you go round telling everyone you were a minority of Eskimo descent ?? I suspect not...

The issue is that her claims lack any evidence or credibility. She said she self identified as part Cherokee due to "family stories she heard as a kid",  and that her grandfather "had high cheekbones like all the Indians do". When I was a kid I was told that little boys were made out of frogs and snails and puppy dog tails for heavens sake. She was a laughing stock long before Trump started taking jabs at her. The Cherokee nation was enraged by her claims a long time ago already. She just made it worse by doing the test because it basically proved what everyone (apart from her apparently) already knew. Fauxcahonatas indeed.

How are people supposed to take her seriously as a presidential candidate after this major gaffe ?? That is the underlying point here.

"How are people supposed to take her seriously as a presidential candidate after this major gaffe ?? That is the underlying point here."

You wanna go down THAT road?

Care to have a look at the current President!

If he declared he was an Apache- chief, that would be the least of the BS he tells and does!

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

"There is no dispute that Warren formally notified officials at the University of Pennsylvania and then Harvard claiming Native American heritage after she was hired."

"I listed myself (in the) directory in the hopes that might mean that I would be invited to a luncheon, a group something, with people who are like I am," Warren told reporters 

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/dec/01/facts-behind-elizabeth-warren-and-her-native-ameri/

Just taking the quotes you used: she claimed Native American heritage!

She did NOT claim to be a minority or to be Cherokee or anything else!

I am sure to have Polish- ancestry...I am not claiming to be Polish!

2 very different things!

2 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

And who might that be, other than the obvious , Bernie Sanders, who is probably too old for the office?

My post that you're replying to didn't name or support any individual candidate for president -- just the basis on which Americans OUGHT to be deciding that issue.

Not meaningless, right-wing drummed up c**p that's pretty much irrelevant to anything. Typical Trump and Co. antics.

I don't know that much about Warren (nor do most people, beyond the basics). But I do know enough from that exposure to know that she's 100% more suited to be president than Trump, because Trump is basically 0% suited to be a U.S. president.  And the country is paying the price for it every day he remains.

And before you call that a Warren endorsement, it isn't. So I guess I should add, in my book, ALMOST ANYONE except for convicted felons, child molesters, KKK members etc is more suited to be president than Trump, because he's clearly scraping the bottom of the barrel materials.

51 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Just taking the quotes you used: she claimed Native American heritage!

She did NOT claim to be a minority or to be Cherokee or anything else!

I am sure to have Polish- ancestry...I am not claiming to be Polish!

2 very different things!

Actually, she DID claim to be Cherokee. Look up her "contributions" to a book with the charmingly racist title of "Pow Wow Chow". She listed herself as "Elizabeth Warren-Cherokee". Also plagiarized her recipes- don't think too many Cherokees traditionally cook with crabmeat!

7 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Actually, she DID claim to be Cherokee. Look up her "contributions" to a book with the charmingly racist title of "Pow Wow Chow". She listed herself as "Elizabeth Warren-Cherokee". Also plagiarized her recipes- don't think too many Cherokees traditionally cook with crabmeat!

Actually, I think someone already explained and debunked this, 2 or 3 pages back!

Repeating the same BS over and over does not make it right!

On 2/2/2019 at 8:40 AM, newnative said:

Oh, my. Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. The Republicans are clutching at anything, just anything, negative and this measly item is all they have to work with.  They must be clenching their teeth.  Grrr!  This is all we can come up with???

I fail to see what the big deal is.  She's always claimed she has some native American ancestry and the DNA test proved it.  She apologized for offending some by taking the test--I didn't think an apology was needed.  Everybody is so easily offended these days.  Meanwhile, our Electoral College but not popular vote President is given a free pass on all sorts of sexual misconduct, adultery, financial shenanigans, being a 'moron', consorting with the Russians, lying an average of 6 times a day, and whatever fresh outrage today will bring.  

It proved nothing.. Now if she goes to a Doctor who she has never met before and takes the test then it will.

17 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

Now she has proven that she has been telling the truth the whole time,

:cheesy:

I probably have a load of other ethnicities in my DNA at the same level as she, but I don't go around claiming to be any of them.

As the real Cherokee say, it takes more than a miniscule part of DNA to actually be a Cherokee.

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I probably have a load of other ethnicities in my DNA at the same level as she, but I don't go around claiming to be any of them.

As the real Cherokee say, it takes more than a miniscule part of DNA to actually be a Cherokee.

The whole thing started when the known liar accused her of lying about her ancestry.   She took the test and proved that she was lying and apparently neither were her parents and grandparents.   

It wasn't about anything other than that she had an ancestor that was Native.   She proved it.   Now, you can quit deflecting with that she didn't prove it enough.   

5 minutes ago, Credo said:

The whole thing started when the known liar accused her of lying about her ancestry.   She took the test and proved that she was lying and apparently neither were her parents and grandparents.   

It wasn't about anything other than that she had an ancestor that was Native.   She proved it.   Now, you can quit deflecting with that she didn't prove it enough.   

It's only become a big deal because she went public with claims of being a Cherokee, when she really had no reason to. Given we are probably all mongrels now, except pure born Australian Aborigines, we all have other ethnicities in our DNA, but it doesn't give us the right to claim benefit of those ethnicities.

BTW, no poster has the right to tell other posters what to not post, within the rules. Deflection is not against the rules.

54 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's only become a big deal because she went public with claims of being a Cherokee, when she really had no reason to. Given we are probably all mongrels now, except pure born Australian Aborigines, we all have other ethnicities in our DNA, but it doesn't give us the right to claim benefit of those ethnicities.

BTW, no poster has the right to tell other posters what to not post, within the rules. Deflection is not against the rules.

It's only a big deal because someone decided to start name-calling her Pocahantas.   Oh, and deflection IS against the rules.   You might want to take a look.   

She has Native American ancestry and she backed it up.   End of the story.

2 hours ago, Credo said:

It wasn't about anything other than that she had an ancestor that was Native.   She proved it.  

1 hour ago, Credo said:

It's only a big deal because someone decided to start name-calling her Pocahantas.  

She has Native American ancestry and she backed it up.   End of the story.

Incorrect on every point. You're clearly not that informed. I suggest you take off your Trump Derangement glasses and research this more. This issue started during her election campaign in 2012 when she told her BS story about her parents eloping on her campaign ad. Numerous people called her out on it and she became a laughing stock as she claimed to be "part Cherokee" due to someone in her family telling her that her grandfather had high cheekbones. There is no documented evidence of her parents, or her grandparents having "Native American ancestry". Someone who claims minority status based on a certain ancestry usually has more than 1/1024th of the ancestry they are claiming. The Cherokee nation were offended by her claims and she was dubbed "Fauxcahontas" several years before Trump started calling her out on it, and that was only because she said some stupid things about him so he retaliated in his usual trolling fashion. Have you even read any of the posts on this thread repeating this information again and again?? Her claims were ludicrous, as are yours that 0.0001% result qualifies as "backing it up". The fact that her supporters think this is a victory proves they are just as clueless as she is.

13 minutes ago, 348GTS said:

Incorrect on every point. You're clearly not that informed. I suggest you take off your Trump Derangement glasses and research this more. This issue started during her election campaign in 2012 when she told her BS story about her parents eloping on her campaign ad. Numerous people called her out on it and she became a laughing stock as she claimed to be "part Cherokee" due to someone in her family telling her that her grandfather had high cheekbones. There is no documented evidence of her parents, or her grandparents having "Native American ancestry". Someone who claims minority status based on a certain ancestry usually has more than 1/1024th of the ancestry they are claiming. The Cherokee nation were offended by her claims and she was dubbed "Fauxcahontas" several years before Trump started calling her out on it, and that was only because she said some stupid things about him so he retaliated in his usual trolling fashion. Have you even read any of the posts on this thread repeating this information again and again?? Her claims were ludicrous, as are yours that 0.0001% result qualifies as "backing it up". The fact that her supporters think this is a victory proves they are just as clueless as she is.

Brilliant reply. Love the bit about Trump Derangement glasses.

I am really happy, all you Trump- fans and political right- leaning people are so much in favor of protecting Native Americans and their heritage and that you are so outraged by someone, misappropriating the Native American- culture.

Now we can start to tackle other issues of a similar nature, with your help!

Like...I don't know...re-naming the Washington Redskins!

But I guess, you have a hundred points, why THAT is something very different!

:coffee1:

18 hours ago, 348GTS said:

Sensing a pattern here so oft found in supporters of the left. When challenged, then accusations, assumptions, and veiled insults ensue with little or no facts to back up the argument. The irony of course being that you're doing exactly what you are saying others are doing. Repeating nonsense you have read and what CNN (or whatever other propaganda arm of the Democrat Party you watch) tell you. So go ahead and vote for President Elizabeth "Fauxcahontas I'll go get me a beer" Warren then. Nobody will take you anymore seriously than they do her.

No, I am "blindly repeating" what the college said about it, what the independent study uncovered and what all except the gutter press are reporting, slightly different from blindly repeating what have now become retracted statements due to them being demonstrated as being false, so actually no irony there at all, nice try though.

18 hours ago, sanemax said:

"after she was hired"

You were supposed to be presenting some evidence that supported your claim not rubbished it.  LMAO!

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes, that is why she goes around saying that she had a Cherokee ancestor rather than claiming to be a Cherokee. 

18 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

No, I am "blindly repeating" what the college said about it, what the independent study uncovered and what all except the gutter press are reporting, slightly different from blindly repeating what have now become retracted statements due to them being demonstrated as being false, so actually no irony there at all, nice try though.

Oh, of course... what the "gutter press" are reporting (definition: the media which contradicts what you choose to believe on purely partisan grounds). It seems clear to most here that you don't know what you're talking about and are randomly cherry picking unrelated items of information to any of the facts that I and others have already offered up. You are desperately trying to put your own partisan spin on a story which is a matter of public record. "The college" (whatever that is...) didn't say anything which disproves or contradicts or even challenges any of the facts that I stated in my earlier posts so no idea what you keep harping on about. There is a fine line between being uninformed and being ignorant, one which you're in danger of crossing with your continued desperate attempts to undermine all those pesky facts. So please carry on, I don't really care and I will not be bothering with you from here on.

This fiasco gets worse and worse, as more examples of her faking a minority race to further her career are unearthed. In an age where caucasians get hammered for cultural appropriation for just cooking tacos, Warrens actions are just not acceptable.

"Sen. Elizabeth Warren claimed to be an “American Indian” when registering for the State Bar of Texas in 1986, the first example of her personally using her dubious accounts to further her career."

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/feb/5/elizabeth-warren-claimed-american-indian-race-stat/

Sadly I think if you were to stick a fork in Warren it would come out clean because she is done.

I really liked her & her talks/work during the financial crisis. Sadly this whole thing of trying to be made a mess of her reputation

Archived