Norwegian left "speechless" after Chiang Mai immigration sing Happy Birthday, present cake to retiree

rooster59

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

Forgive me, but all that I need and want from IOs is for them to be efficient in getting  me through and out the door,  know their own rules and apply them consistently and not take back handers. Exhibitions like this one leave me cold.  

Somebody wrote a book with the title you are thinking of.... 'Great Expectations!!!' 5555????????????????????????

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, 555mike said:

what a blatant attempt at damage control by immigration after yesterdays, monthly shifting of the goal posts and bureaucracy expansion with relation to retirement visa's. Thaivisa is being used as a propaganda arm for the immigration department, daily news of immigration round ups, crime reporting, trying to shape falang perception. The immigration offices are not much better than meat processing centers. Anyone else here had someone smile at them at immigration recently, let alone sing you a song? <deleted> this is. Thaivisa has become a propaganda distribution and intelligence gathering organization for the Thai military

Yes, the lady smiled at me on Tuesday last. I'm still trying to get over the shock.????

So now you will spend even more wasted time at the immigration office while the staff sing happy birthday to you on your visit closest to you actual birthday date. The subsequent immigration fees will now more than double as twice as many staff will be required to be employed, half to do the work and half to sing and present birthday cakes. No doubt they will alternate between the two tasks. 

6 hours ago, 555mike said:

Anyone else here had someone smile at them at immigration recently

Yes, I pretty much always get a smile from them. I always make small talk with them, either about the weather or the number/lack of people in the office and smile at them while doing so. I invariably get a smile back.

7 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Wonder what they actually know. They know where I live (after all the 90 day reports I've made) but still needs a new report every 90 days,why is that?

If you pay 500,000 baht for a visa, you don't have to make you way to do the reporting, somebody will do it for you. 

8 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i don't think there is much doubt now that the Thai government or at least immigration is reading comments on Thai Visa.

If they do or have spies as members it is a confirmation of the overall tolerance to the caustic demeaning belligerant arrogant whining negativity evident on TVF daily.

Otherwise there would  be a roundup of  all and  sundry and an ignominious  dispatch.

In reality this  small PR occasion is more likely to be in response to long term formal  complaint well outside of TVF.

I have  never once  had any problem or issue with my various Immigration locales or staff.

I do not  envy their  daily grind  either given that the processes are  tedious but a percentage of the applicant people are intolerably obnoxious.  

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

That's because it's almost always bad. 

The gesture was nice.. but the cake would surely taste bad.

Eated Ate those before, the cake is drier than the Sahara.

The lack of using real butter...

No, it could not be his birthday. As luck has it, the driver's licenses in this country are due to renew usually on the holder's birthday - as if there is nothing more important to queue for hours with copies and rude shouts - on your birthday ???? 

Archived