PM2.5 Sensor

Ned

I checked that airvisual site for CM.  Gotta wonder about the accuracy of the data, esp when the report says 'data provided by 11 contributors'.  Which of course suggests that this in NOT data but personal observation and absolute bias.

But CM rated better than UlanBattor so i'm good.

1 hour ago, chingmai331 said:

I checked that airvisual site for CM.  Gotta wonder about the accuracy of the data, esp when the report says 'data provided by 11 contributors'.  Which of course suggests that this in NOT data but personal observation and absolute bias.

I can assure you that the AirVisual data is not “personal observation and absolute bias”.  AirVisual is an actual monitor that is installed and monitors the air particles 24/7.  That data is shown on the device’s monitor and also provides an app that can display the data.  Additionally, users can register their devices with AirVisual to be a data provider, which basically uploads the data to their servers and it will display on the internet hourly for others to see.  Those 11 contributors are providing valuable data to the rest of us and I’d say it’s pretty accurate.

2 hours ago, chingmai331 said:

'data provided by 11 contributors'. equals 11 different stations using the same metrics (standards) to measure pollution.

There are different standards published by governments, NGOs etc. A lot of what is reported depends on what standards are used.

Archived