Clarification TM28/TM30.

There have been many posts on TV re TM28/TM30 and from what I have read there appears to be a lot of inconsistencies depending on what IO you deal with.

Just over 3 years ago I reported to Jomtien with a TM28 as I had changed address, I was immediately ‘wisked’ upstairs and threatened with a 3500 Baht fine. I had mistakenly not reported within 24 hours.

i was there for nearly 3 hours whilst they discussed what to do, in the meantime I was trying too contact the owner but she wouldn’t answer her phone. In the end they let me off stapled the paper in my Passport and told me too ask the owner to come too Jomtien. I eventually got in touch with the owner who said she would go the next day, I am not sure she ever did, this is her only property and I think she was aware of TM28/TM30 reporting.

I have colleagues, house owners who live in Hua Hin who regularly come and go from Thailand, they do 90 Day Reports, renew Visas but never get pulled about TM28/TM30 reporting.

Since moving into the house I have never been back too Jomtien, I never spend more than 90 Days in the country and get my Visa outwith Thailand. This time however I will need to do a 90 Day Report and extend my Visa.

Will I get fined as they will see by my Passport I have been coming and going and have never reported a TM28, the owner lives in Germany so is unaware of my comings and goings, I pay the rent into her Thai Bank Account.

I did a first TM30 report when we moved into our house.Since then I have travelled about, including out of Thailand for up to 2 weeks.  When I queried if I needed to report via TM30 again, I was told that my 90 report that I had not changed my permanent address was good enough. This was all at Jomtien. 

Edited by Pilotman
  • Like 1

Just now, Pilotman said:

I did a first TM30 report when we moved into our house.Since then I have travelled about, including out of Thailand for up to 2 weeks.  When I queried if I needed to report via TM30 again, I was told that my 90 report that I had not changed my permanent address was good enough. TRhis was all at Jomtien. 

I have never had too do a 90 Report as I have never stayed longer than 90 days.

• Sad 1