Pattaya - and Walking Street - gearing up for Chinese New Year

rooster59

Pattaya - and Walking Street - gearing up for Chinese New Year

1548986607957-1-696x464.jpg

Image: Pattaya News

Mayor's representative Ratanachai Suthidechanai presided over activities in Walking Street on Thursday aimed at encouraging operators of businesses to deck out their establishments and welcome tourists for Chinese New Year. 

The Year of the Pig starts next week. 

City Hall are organizing their own celebrations for the occasion - one in Central Pattaya and the other in walking Street next Monday and Tuesday. 

Operators were asked not just to welcome the Chinese but all tourists to the celebrations. 

Source: Pattaya News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-02

Operators were asked to welcome all tourists not just Chinese !  Thats very considerate of the authorities.

Seriously, TAT has got China on the brain. They must have sleepless nights tossing and turning counting Chinese sheep.

I vividly recall the TAT going histerical about the awesome arrival of Russian tourism to Pattaya/jomtein some years back. They were going to build great things in Thailand. Remember that?lol

Turned out they were just a bunch of tattooed Siberian shoplifters many whom travelled on borrowed money.

Why are the Chinese going to Pattaya anyway?.Its a beer bar town with a unswimable polluted beach.

Farangs won't want to go there if thousands of Chinese are milling around with cameras turning their nose up at them. 

Strange times we live in.

48 minutes ago, Lucius verus said:

Operators were asked to welcome all tourists not just Chinese !  Thats very considerate of the authorities.

Seriously, TAT has got China on the brain. They must have sleepless nights tossing and turning counting Chinese sheep.

I vividly recall the TAT going histerical about the awesome arrival of Russian tourism to Pattaya/jomtein some years back. They were going to build great things in Thailand. Remember that?lol

Turned out they were just a bunch of tattooed Siberian shoplifters many whom travelled on borrowed money.

Why are the Chinese going to Pattaya anyway?.Its a beer bar town with a unswimable polluted beach.

Farangs won't want to go there if thousands of Chinese are milling around with cameras turning their nose up at them. 

At least there is a beach and it looks rather good,I saw it for the first time a few days ago since they reclaimed! it.dont bother showing me your pictures of the bits that don't look so good overall it looks ok.

Is Pattaya Walking Street still the slum it has been for years?   Haven't been there in quite a while, but the last time i ventured through that putrid road,  it was full of Chinese tour guides ushering bewildered tourists past mainly rundown and shabby 'attractions' and that weird balcony where Eastern European 'ladies' drift around in some kind of bored zombie like trance. Oh, and the fish restaurant that we went to was over priced, poorly cooked and badly presented. So, not a place I would return to any time soon.  I'm not a fan of Pattaya City, but Walking Street does it no favours at all.      

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

Is Pattaya Walking Street still the slum it has been for years?   Haven't been there in quite a while, but the last time i ventured through that putrid road,  it was full of Chinese tour guides ushering bewildered tourists past mainly rundown and shabby 'attractions' and that weird balcony where Eastern European 'ladies' drift around in some kind of bored zombie like trance. Oh, and the fish restaurant that we went to was over priced, poorly cooked and badly presented. So, not a place I would return to any time soon.  I'm not a fan of Pattaya City, but Walking Street does it no favours at all.      

The slum in pattaya is soi 6. Walking looks pretty nice

3 hours ago, adammike said:

At least there is a beach and it looks rather good,I saw it for the first time a few days ago since they reclaimed! it.dont bother showing me your pictures of the bits that don't look so good overall it looks ok.

They may have imported some sand but you cannot clean the sea. The top end of the Gulf is toxic due to waste removal firms dumping instead of proper more expensive disposal.

Have you swum off Pattaya beach?

What is Walking st. Just a street with gawdy shops and bars and hookers. I don't know why Chinese go there. Pattaya was built from nothing into the worlds biggest western bar/sex destination in a few decades.

Ive never seen a Chinaman or Jap sit on those bar stools.

4 hours ago, Lucius verus said:

we don't know how the holidays are being sold in China,  what lies are being fed to the poor unfortunates who end up here, but you can make a safe bet that it's not what they expected. They never seem very pleased or enthusiastic to me. 

4 hours ago, Jen65 said:

Walking Street is now renamed "Little India" !!????????

Yep, my first tour of Pattaya was in 1989. No such thing as Walking st or ladyboys back then but alot more beer bars!!

Walking st is just a name given to the southern end of Beach rd that no longer allows pickups and motorbikes zooming around. When the farangs are pushed out Pattaya will die.

Farang money built Pattaya. Thais own it. Indian men will spend 1 million baht on a Bangkok wedding/reception. I know because I've been to one in Pratunam.  Indian men go to Pattaya to sow some wild oats.  Lol. Indian men don't marry Noi or lek. Ever!

23 hours ago, wreckingcountry said:

I was in a 7-11 yesterday and there’s 3 Chinese females with their wide brimmed hats in front of the drinks cooler , phones out with Baht-RMB converter app before choosing what bottle to buy ! Get ready for the big spenders !

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Hahhaaa!!! Big speders? Lololololo

I was positively surprised when reading that fireworks were not aloud in Chinese New Year.  Jipiii !!! Little less hazardous smog.

Promises, promises, this morning at 5 AM the fireworks started. There is a gray haze moving on above Jomtien villas. Today is Monday the 4th what's to happen tomorrow Tuesday the 5th when it is the first day of Chinese New Year...  Enjoy !!!

Archived