Rehab for TGF

Rambo69

I just found out my TGF is on drugs. We've had a very troublesome relationship for 4 years. I stayed with her for our 3 year old son. At first I thought she had alcohol problems which I tried to talk to her about, which just sends her in to a a rage. Today she attacked me with a knife at her mothers house. As I left her brother in-law came after me and struck up a conversation with me. He told me she's on the yaba tablets and they've been having a lot of problems with her lately. He told me to take our boy away from her. 

I'm in a very difficult situation now and I'm looking at my options. I'm looking for rehabs online but Google only returns these luxury rehabs for falang which looks like scams to me.

Does anyone know of any government rehab programs in Thailand? Any information would by greatly appreciated

Cut off all supply of money.

Report it to the child welfare department, they won't take your boy into care if you can provide for his basic needs. This will will be the catalyst for the authorities to enter her into a government rehab program. The fact you are a farang will not have a derogatory influence on the situation. 

I think you'll be surprised how much support you will get. They won't take your son away from you if you show you can support and care for him. 

The focus must be on the welfare of your child for them to act.

You won't lose him and will get more support than you thought possible .

And it's free.

Yes. I might have to get the authorities involved. I found out Thanyarak Hospital is the government rehab program. It look quite good. I really don't want to take the boy away from his mother so I hope this works out

Thanks Nsp64

12 hours ago, Rambo69 said:

Does anyone know of any government rehab programs in Thailand?

Report her to the police.

She will be 'wee tested' arrested and jailed in a Thai rehab unit.

There's one in Mae Taeng (North of Chiang Mai), a lady I know just spent a few months there (forcibly)

For rehab to have any chance of success, the person has to really want it. No point in others persuading her or worse still, forcing her.

The OP might have a chance of generating a desire to get off drugs by completely removing her child from her and making it clear that her child cannot return, due to safety concerns for the child, until she is completely clear of drugs. That all depends on the strength of her maternal instincts which I have found, can vary greatly for young Thai women.

She absolutely does not want to stop doing drugs at this point. So if I and her family can't convince her I will have to get the authorities to force her.. In that case I hope being clean and rehab can convince her it's for the best.

I was sent to alcohol rehab by the company doctor 25 years ago. At first I did not want to stop drinking. But being sober and the treatment changed my mind after only 1 week

1 hour ago, Rambo69 said:

She absolutely does not want to stop doing drugs at this point. So if I and her family can't convince her I will have to get the authorities to force her.. In that case I hope being clean and rehab can convince her it's for the best.

I was sent to alcohol rehab by the company doctor 25 years ago. At first I did not want to stop drinking. But being sober and the treatment changed my mind after only 1 week

Then I doubt you'll stop her.

If you force her, if you can, it might be successful.

You had treatment in rehab, it's much better geared up in the West. Probably had some Counseling too, & you understood why you drank.

She needs to understand why she likes getting high so much, & everything associated with it.

Yes, the plan is to have her admitted to Thanyarak Hospital for 6 months. In the meantime I can make arrangements to take care of my son alone and get custody rights. If my wife still doesn't cooperate or show progress in 6 months me and my son will have to go on without her.

But we hope she will recover

3 hours ago, Rambo69 said:

Yes I am

okay, then I definitely understand you have a vested interest in this problem. Unfortunately, she is past the age of 30 years old, gets violent, definitely has some deep-seated issues and the Thai people are not known for neither admitting being wrong or seeking / accepting help. I'm afraid this is a deep hole. An option, I don't know if you have considered it, it's a perhaps find a new mate and you and your son could live happily ever after. Would that be something consider?

Erg: some broken goods cannot be fixed.

15 hours ago, Rambo69 said:

Yes. I might have to get the authorities involved. I found out Thanyarak Hospital is the government rehab program. It look quite good. I really don't want to take the boy away from his mother so I hope this works out

Thanks Nsp64

why might have to involve authorities?? do you care for the well been of your kid, if so you MUST involve the authorities and fast before something bad happens

9 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

why might have to involve authorities?? do you care for the well been of your kid, if so you MUST involve the authorities and fast before something bad happens

I have to tread carefully and make sure my wife gets the best possible treatment before I get the authorities involved. I don't want her to get locked up and left to rot in the monkey house

She and the child are staying with family now. They're good people and want to help. I'm sending money for food and living expenses directly to the sister as my wife cant be trusted with cash

1 minute ago, Rambo69 said:

I have to tread carefully and make sure my wife gets the best possible treatment before I get the authorities involved. I don't want her to get locked up and left rot in the monkey house

She and the child are staying with family now. They're good people and want to help. I'm sending money for food and living expenses directly to the sister as my wife cant be trusted with cash

how do you know the money is used to buy food and living expenses, do you believe in Santa? this is Thailand man and you are a mobile ATM

5 minutes ago, HLover said:

okay, then I definitely understand you have a vested interest in this problem. Unfortunately, she is past the age of 30 years old, gets violent, definitely has some deep-seated issues and the Thai people are not known for neither admitting being wrong or seeking / accepting help. I'm afraid this is a deep hole. An option, I don't know if you have considered it, it's a perhaps find a new mate and you and your son could live happily ever after. Would that be something consider?

Erg: some broken goods cannot be fixed.

I will get her admitted to the hospital first. I want to give her that shot (no pun intended) 

If she wont cooperate or show progress finding a replacement mom (or even a nanny) is an option. But until then her sister and brother in-law will be the best option to help out when needed

3 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

how do you know the money is used to buy food and living expenses, do you believe in Santa? this is Thailand man and you are a mobile ATM

The sister and her husband are good people. They informed me about my wife's drug use

I have to go back to Europe for work in a few days

15 minutes ago, Rambo69 said:

I have to tread carefully and make sure my wife gets the best possible treatment before I get the authorities involved. I don't want her to get locked up and left to rot in the monkey house

It is unlikely you can get her into treatment without involving the authorities.

She will not be "left to rot". She'll be (hopefully) admitted into a rehab program and then discharged after a period of time.

Just now, Sheryl said:

It is unlikely you can get her into treatment without involving the authorities.

She will not be "left to rot".

I will contact the hospital first. Than I will try to get my wife to get herself admitted voluntarily. If she refuses to cooperate only than will I get the authorities involved

Why not take your your wife and child back to your home country? It may motivate her to stop if she has a big change in her life as she is obviously in a rut

At the very worse it will be lot harder for her to score meth in a foreign country and if she does you report her to the authorities and you will get custody and she can bugger off

1 minute ago, madmen said:

Why not take your your wife and child back to your home country? It may motivate her to stop if she has a big change in her life as she is obviously in a rut

At the very worse it will be lot harder for her to score meth in a foreign country and if she does you report her to the authorities and you will get custody and she can bugger off

That is an option. But I want to get her in Thai rehab first

38 minutes ago, Rambo69 said:

Yes, the plan is to have her admitted to Thanyarak Hospital for 6 months. In the meantime I can make arrangements to take care of my son alone and get custody rights. If my wife still doesn't cooperate or show progress in 6 months me and my son will have to go on without her.

But we hope she will recover

sounds like you got it right.   most responses to good advice here on TV just puts the poster in a  yes, but mode.      JUST DO IT     don't wait 

She will be kicking and screaming at first......... don't give in

kicking drugs,  kicking booze,   kicking cigarettes,  kicking being too scared to make a change when needed...

the odds are always bad....... and only the fighters can change.    

tough love is the only way....   imho     

Archived