Rehab for TGF

Rambo69

Op.

Good luck.

You need to watch the new movie called "Beautiful Boy" right now.

It is about a family trying to deal with meth addiction.

It is not a glossed over version and pulls no punches.

You can watch it for free on websites such as Putlocker or Sockshare.

One statistic that a doctor quotes is that less than 3% of addicts are successfully rehabilitated.

Please (I beg you) watch this movie as I suggested.  It will help you very much with your clarity of vision to move forward.

Choose your future wisely. And I wish you the very best for your difficult time ahead.

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Report her to the police.

She will be 'wee tested' arrested and jailed in a Thai rehab unit.

There's one in Mae Taeng (North of Chiang Mai), a lady I know just spent a few months there (forcibly)

Yes, the Mae Taeng treatment center is one of the Thanyarak Hospitals I'm looking at right now. There's one 4 hours drive from us

2 minutes ago, HLover said:

Yes, it may be best to weigh that financial option vs "rehabilitation" and the crocodile tears and headaches that will accompany it.

Replacing her is easier said than done. It will be specially hard or my 3 year old boy. This is really the last option. 

When my GF gets admitted to the Thanyarak Hospital it will give us all a 6 month break from the madness we desperately need

If she is admitted to rehab under government supervision, not private, she will automatically lose custody of the child and it will be given solely to the cuts next of kin which is you. Forget about all the rubbish about a farang with no rights. You will be awarded custody automatically and no other family member can dispute it. 

If I were you I'd go down the child welfare route to get her admitted.

6 minutes ago, Nsp64 said:

If she is admitted to rehab under government supervision, not private, she will automatically lose custody of the child and it will be given solely to the cuts next of kin which is you. Forget about all the rubbish about a farang with no rights. You will be awarded custody automatically and no other family member can dispute it. 

If I were you I'd go down the child welfare route to get her admitted.

Not necessarily so. In the OP he refers to he as his "TGF", in later posts as his wife. It depends on which is the reality.

Oh..by the way. She won't be arrested as a criminal so don't worry about the monkey house.  She'll be admitted under the child welfare act to prevent possible harm. The child will be placed in your sole custody immediately and she will be given the option of rehab or no child reconciliation. Another measure is the child welfare authority can ban her from the place the child lives which effectively renders her homeless.

Use the child welfare act to kick start the system, it's far more powerful than any other option.

Very best of luck mate. You sound like a proper bloke .

Just now, Spidey said:

Not necessarily so. In the OP he refers to he as his "TGF", in later posts as his wife. It depends on which is the reality.

We're technically not married. But my name is on our son's birth certificate as his legal father. I also have copies of some documents from the hospital where she gave birth to our son which state she has a history of drug abuse. My boy is my first concern. I will take all the necessary steps to protect him

22 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Not much difference if using did welfare as the reason.

1 hour ago, Rambo69 said:

I'm halfway in this movie. This is hitting home hard. That kid says exactly the same shit as my GF. "You're suffocating me". I'll watch the rest now

Finished watching the movie. It made things clear to me. I can't treat my GF as a lover or friend anymore. She's a patient. And my number 1 concern is with my boy now. I don't want to be having to go through this shit with him too 15 years from now

2 minutes ago, Rambo69 said:

Does anyone know the contact details for Child Welfare Services, I can't find anything on google?

visit this site, it's for adoption and other problems related to kids, there you may find the contact for the relevant services, it's called Department of Child and Youth (DCY) there is Tjhai and English

http://www.dcy.go.th/webnew/oppnews/

23 minutes ago, Rambo69 said:

Does anyone know the contact details for Child Welfare Services, I can't find anything on google?

Where in thailand are you.

They have offices in most major cities.

Just ask at the local government hospital. They are usually based there.

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

Correct. If he is not married to the mother (and married at the time the child was born), unless he has gone to court to establish paternity he has not paternal rights. Doing this should  be first order of business as the child is nto adequately protected otherwise.

many foreigners wrongly assume that being listed as the father on the birth certificate gives them parental rights when not married to the mother. In Thailand it does not.

3 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Correct. If he is not married to the mother (and married at the time the child was born), unless he has gone to court to establish paternity he has not paternal rights. Doing this should  be first order of business as the child is nto adequately protected otherwise.

many foreigners wrongly assume that being listed as the father on the birth certificate gives them parental rights when not married to the mother. In Thailand it does not.

Ok, I will check up on that. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2019 at 8:52 AM, Rambo69 said:

I was sent to alcohol rehab by the company doctor 25 years ago. At first I did not want to stop drinking. But being sober and the treatment changed my mind after only 1 week

consider yourself very lucky

On 2/3/2019 at 5:53 PM, Rambo69 said:

Finished watching the movie. It made things clear to me. I can't treat my GF as a lover or friend anymore. She's a patient. And my number 1 concern is with my boy now. I don't want to be having to go through this shit with him too 15 years from now

You're welcome.

On 2/3/2019 at 5:53 PM, Rambo69 said:
On 2/3/2019 at 4:18 PM, Rambo69 said:

I'm halfway in this movie. This is hitting home hard. That kid says exactly the same shit as my GF. "You're suffocating me". I'll watch the rest now

Edited February 3 by Rambo69

# safety of child

# great if agrees to enter rehab voluntarily

# if not involuntarily and rehab may or may not work. one positive thing is confinement and no access to drugs. when the brain starts to clear at around 90 days it is possible she may be able to see there was a problem and understand enough to want to stay sober.  the greatest obstacle is denial as they are unable to see the problem.

# addicts can despise loved ones that try to help so don't feel guilty

my very dear ex wife is alcoholic and ive been through a lot. finally realized there was nothing i could do.  your gf may or may not recover but we all have had highest hopes that the addict in our lives would recover. i wasnt one of the lucky ones.

Archived