BANGKOK 19 March 2019 15:04
Rambo69

Rehab for TGF

2 hours ago, Spidey said:

Not necessarily so. In the OP he refers to he as his "TGF", in later posts as his wife. It depends on which is the reality.

Correct. If he is not married to the mother (and married at the time the child was born), unless he has gone to court to establish paternity he has not paternal rights. Doing this should  be first order of business as the child is nto adequately protected otherwise.

many foreigners wrongly assume that being listed as the father on the birth certificate gives them parental rights when not married to the mother. In Thailand it does not.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Correct. If he is not married to the mother (and married at the time the child was born), unless he has gone to court to establish paternity he has not paternal rights. Doing this should  be first order of business as the child is nto adequately protected otherwise.

many foreigners wrongly assume that being listed as the father on the birth certificate gives them parental rights when not married to the mother. In Thailand it does not.

Ok, I will check up on that. Thanks

On 2/3/2019 at 8:52 AM, Rambo69 said:

I was sent to alcohol rehab by the company doctor 25 years ago. At first I did not want to stop drinking. But being sober and the treatment changed my mind after only 1 week

consider yourself very lucky

On 2/3/2019 at 5:53 PM, Rambo69 said:

Finished watching the movie. It made things clear to me. I can't treat my GF as a lover or friend anymore. She's a patient. And my number 1 concern is with my boy now. I don't want to be having to go through this shit with him too 15 years from now

You're welcome.

On 2/3/2019 at 5:53 PM, Rambo69 said:
On 2/3/2019 at 4:18 PM, Rambo69 said:

I'm halfway in this movie. This is hitting home hard. That kid says exactly the same shit as my GF. "You're suffocating me". I'll watch the rest now

Finished watching the movie. It made things clear to me. I can't treat my GF as a lover or friend anymore. She's a patient. And my number 1 concern is with my boy now. I don't want to be having to go through this shit with him too 15 years from now

Edited February 3 by Rambo69

# safety of child

# great if agrees to enter rehab voluntarily

# if not involuntarily and rehab may or may not work. one positive thing is confinement and no access to drugs. when the brain starts to clear at around 90 days it is possible she may be able to see there was a problem and understand enough to want to stay sober.  the greatest obstacle is denial as they are unable to see the problem.

# addicts can despise loved ones that try to help so don't feel guilty

my very dear ex wife is alcoholic and ive been through a lot. finally realized there was nothing i could do.  your gf may or may not recover but we all have had highest hopes that the addict in our lives would recover. i wasnt one of the lucky ones.

• Like 2