Body itching all over

rascalman

If you have picked up an allergy, environmental or contact, an antihistamine such as Zyrtec or Telfast 180 (not 60 or 120) or equivalent in local brands, should give almost instant relief from your skin itch condition. Usually 1x tablet will give 24hr relief.. 

My elderly mother had terrible itching all over her body. Went to several dermatologists who found no obvious cause. She had a cyst on her pancreas that had been discovered from testing for something else. They sent her to a gastroenterologist who was recommending a "Whipple" procedure. My family is medical and insisted on a second opinion. A second gastroenterologist said "No Way" to the "Whipple," especially for someone her age (88) and sent her to another dermatologist. He found that she was suffering from scabies. Gave her medicine and she was cured in about a week.  No problems with itching since.

She was a retired nursing CNO for a major hospital in South Florida. Her husband, (my father) now deceased, was a physician. She lived, at the time, in a very upscale community in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. So she was not living in poor or unsanitary conditions.

Doctors believed that she caught it from her son who was living with her at the time, and had spent a lot of time in hospitals and rehab facilities over the previous year prior to the onset of her itching.         

Message here is to not rule out anything....     

Probably prickly heat,I have had it often,every now & then go work in Europe then back thailand, you can get it after being in the heat for months at a time not weeks,I don't mean being on the beach all day everyday just the temperature 

On 2/9/2019 at 12:44 AM, rascalman said:

Thanks for imputs. No do not drink nothing new taken, same meds etc. I went to hospital got some cream and pills that really put me to sleep. I continue to have itching but better.

Thanks for no nonsense ideas. 

Since your location appears to be Bangkok, I would rule out the source of my rash, Rice Bugs in Vietnam - little suckers bite ferociously during cutting season, you can't really feel the bite, but they itch for weeks.  Lots of good advice on this one in the fiorum - I would focus on whatever washing powder/liquid your housekeeper uses....if you wash your own clothes, add an additional rinse cycle........Doctor in Pattaya gave me some fexofenadine tablets, non-drowsy antihistimine - it worked for me.  at least stopped the itching until my legs and torso healed from scratching like crazy.  Bumrungrad offers an allergy test, takes about 20 minutes - I was told I am allergic to ingredients in Beer - but that won't stop me - I like Beer.

19 hours ago, owenm said:

If you have picked up an allergy, environmental or contact, an antihistamine such as Zyrtec or Telfast 180 (not 60 or 120) or equivalent in local brands, should give almost instant relief from your skin itch condition. Usually 1x tablet will give 24hr relief.. 

I think these work in some instances, but not all as I was on just about every type of antihistamine known to man over a period of months but didn't do much for the itching and I was a tired soul for that period as even the non-drowsy (3rd generation) tablets did affect me, even though one eventually seemed to help a little

Tried prickly heat powder but the rashes were larger like hives rather than the smaller heat rashes. Steroids did help a little but I and the dermatologists were at a loss............blood tests and skin biopsy showed nothing in particular.

Now just the occasional itch, but just about clear. I believe there are so many poss factors that it can often be trial and error........dust, pollen, detergents, foods, mites, cleaners etc.

A friend suffered from this and despite Drs visits and many tests, tablets and lotions, it lasted a year and eventually went away after that time........go figure.

The winter locally ( 50km south of Khon Kaen ) has shown low humidity levels.  As we have moved in to summer humidity readings have been as low as 20% ( max temp so far 38C ), this plus windy conditions can acerbate dry skin conditions,    Taking a spoonful of good coconut or even olive oil daily can help put moisture back in to the skin.

Again I would suggest trying to wear pure cotton clothes.

23 minutes ago, Speedo1968 said:

Again I would suggest trying to wear pure cotton clothes.

Valid point. Polyester may provoke immune responses and irritation.

If it wrinkles easily, it's more likely to be cotton.

My itching started when i got really run down after a lung abbces, then came Edema in legs and Eczema followed that,ive had a few bad years of trying to get to the bottom of it all.

Turns out it was all caused by Leaky Gut syndrome, this means there are small perforations in the gut lining caused by crap food,medications or alcohol,    I went strictly non-processed which got my gut bacteria back to normal but the itching persisted, then it started to worsen after a beer,so i went glutten free, that fixed it.. but it persisted, itchy rash all-over,depressed ect, Just before last Xmas i gave up caffeine type drinks, Tea,coffee ect,  Now im totally itch free, my skin is back to its normal self,and im not as jittery as i was when drinking caffeine. 

Remember this,  If its something you drink causing the itch,it will show up in 20/30 minutes.

If its in your food,itching will start 6/8 hours after eating.

Perhaps then you can eliminate what is causing the itch and like products.

Like a few others here, ive tried all the tabs/creams/even IV to clean liver and blood, that worked for a few days but Gluten and Caffeine were the real culprits..

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, rascalman said:

Biopsy confirmed that it is Bullous prehemgoid a incurable autoimmune disease. 

Bad way now can hardly walk. Diabetes etc.. 

Ouch!! ????

This page does say it often fixes itself https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/bullous-pemphigoid/symptoms-causes/syc-20350414

At least the symptoms are treatable and you know what it is.

51 minutes ago, Crossy said:

and you know what it is.

Actually, having suffered ill-health myself, where all the various tests come out no problem, it's something. 

On 2/3/2019 at 10:21 AM, adammike said:

I got bitten by tiny red ants a couple of years ago,(they were actually in my pants) I had a bit of a reaction, itching all over not just where they nipped me,my scalp was driving me nuts itching and sweating,and red and sore in my crotch where they nipped me.its funny now they got into my underwear and you almost need a magnifying glass to see them.

Crabs?

Archived