Chinaheiman Road

elephant45

The TAT better be dam careful if they throw all their eggs in one basket, like catering to the Chinese tourist. like they are doing now. If at any point the Thai Gov does not agree to some type of arbitrary Chinese project (nothing against the skillful Chinese business acumen) they will pull all the Chinese tourists out and then what? They have done it in many countries already. Then the TAT will be crying for Farang to please come back.

Yes but in the meantime, the Chinese are the only tourists so the businesses need to concentrate on making hay while the sun shines.

TAT have already burned their bridges with the Westerners, tge Japs and Koreans in 2014 and they will not return.

Highly inlikely the Chinese invasion will cease but it will dip occasio ally as it did in 2017

8 hours ago, elephant45 said:

The TAT better be dam careful if they throw all their eggs in one basket, like catering to the Chinese tourist.

Don't worry, they've still got the Indians to attract.

All the wait staff will need to be trained to bring four straws with every bottle of Coke.

Chinese Tourists can vanish quickly.  Many Chinese tourists used to flock to South Korea.  When the Korean Government decided to deploy the THAAD missle defense system the Chinese Government did not like it.  In response the Chinese Government encouraged (more like prohibited) Chinese Tour companies form booking trips to S. Korea. 

I was in Seoul a few months ago and groups of tourist were in the usual areas(like Itaewon and Gangnam) and they were polite, quiet and did not spit.  They were not from mainland China.  I did not see a single group of Chinese Tourists.  

I worked in China for a few years and saw their methodology in action. Extremely clever and as mentioned its inch by inch. Do you think when they are standing in a busy road blocking the traffic they are being stupid? No my friend they're checking to see how aggressively the host will let them do it, then its another inch and another inch. I am surprised Thailand isn't clever enough to see this. Its greed that will fail the TAT terribly at the blink of an eye.

Its just frightening to me having worked there interdependently/without agent how hard it was to get paid, get my rent paid etc. They are brutal masters. You think the western countries sucks??? well get ready and we well me a white male are the low we are on the totem pole.

Archived