TOT in Ubon vs Pattaya

craftyone

Just moved GF back to Ubon this week after a short stay (6 months) in Pattaya. Had to leave Thailand to start a project unexpectedly, so she had to do the move on her own.

Still had 6 months left on TOT WiFi contract at condo.

TOT said just bring equipment to Ubon and call for setup there.

So she did.

The tech gets there and gives some spill about needing a diff router than the one used in Pattaya to supply service to our wireless router.

Some caca about the coax either coming from outside or the coax on the property. This is where I’m confused.

No biggee since no added cost and he’s just send the other one back to Pattaya.

But now some her older devices will not work.

I should add that her parents restaurant on the property has 3BB service and every device she has works flawlessly.

If it weren’t for the fact that the condo we rented in Pattaya would only use TOT, I would have opted for 3BB instead.

The only issue I can come up with is this area in Ubon doesn’t have sufficient power for TOT’s service therefore they have to use different equipment on site or put an amplifier inline like we do on the rigs I work on when we are too far from town.

When I get back the old tablets, graphic design pc, etc....are getting recycled but for now I’m looking for a better solution for her to at least get better video calls than we do now.

Oh well, any advice is appreciated.

Looking forward to staying in Ubon.

I’ll be hanging out more in this forum until I get back.

Cheers,

C1

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Get away from TOT as quickly as possible. I cancelled TOT service and took back all equipment. Still received bills each month. Would take them to their office and get” O just don’t pay them”. After 4 times doing this threaten them with lawyers, bills stopped. Moved to 3BB and never had a issue with service or billing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, johng said:

Another thing that can cause certain devices not to connect is special character's and/or spaces in the routers WiFi SSID name.

Definitely agree with that. Four years ago I moved into a new house in Ubon. I had 3BB service at my old house and got the 3BB service at my new house. I wanted a new router which would give me a wider range. Once connected, the WiFi worked well with the computers and mobile phones but not with my old WiFi grace digital radio which I have in my kitchen. Sorted that out but everytime we had a power cut, it seemed to mess up the WiFi radio connection. Also the Netflix connection from the WiFi to the TV seemed to get messed up. The 3BB technican didn't seem to be able to sort this out. My son who is a computer engineer in Bangkok was up on holidays and quickly solved the problems. He removed certain characters etc from the settings in the router and now all devices work perfectly, and after power cuts there are no problems. 

The technicans at 3BB and also at TOT are usually not very bright and either just guess at what the problem or just can not be bothered. 

Archived