Teaching Diploma for Teaching License

nicelee808

Hi all, I have nearly finished my BA in Tesol, unfortunately, halfway through I learned that this will only get me a temporary license and I need to do a post grad. teaching diploma;  I have found a provider named St. Roberts Group, I would like to know if they are approved by TCT, and how would one go about checking which schools are approved by TCT. I have looked through google, kind of feels like looking for a needle in a haystack.

To answer your question, there is no approval list. Will the diploma get you a teaching license along with 1.5 years at a current school + 3-5 teachers including the director that will sign on your behalf. Yes, at the moment it's possible. 1.5-2 years from now when you have your paperwork sorted. Who knows.

I had some contact with Khurusapha (TCT) recently, and they claimed that the diploma you get from St Roberts is good enough to get a teacher license. The woman I talked to also said there were no guarantees, since they are changing the rules all the time (what a surprise).

I also called St Roberts, and they indicated that you can get a temporary teacher license during the course if you can show TCT that you are enrolled in a program that will let you apply for a license. In other words, you can work while studying. Can this be true?

Btw, the TCT almost never answers your calls. They also don't reply if you send them an email. That's my impression, anyway.

Cheers

Chemist

On 2/4/2019 at 6:57 PM, chemist said:

I forgot to mention the number of work permits you're allowed to have without a teacher license. TCT claimed three during a period of six years. Correct?

Chemist

It is the labour office that issues a Work Permit, not the TCT. The TCT issues waivers for the teaching license, allowing you to teach and get a work permit. 

The maximum number of waivers is indeed 3, but more is not uncommon. The registration is not that good at the TCT and they also consider things as if you are really trying to get certified.

I actually got a response from Khurusapa last year. I specifically asked whether a certain university is recognized by them or not. They didn't answer my question but sent me instead that one here:

Accreditation university in Thailand for education course.

1. St Theresa International College 
Address: Rangsit-Nakonnayok Rd. Bungsan, Onkarak, Nakonnayok 
Course Accreditation : Graduate Diploma in Teaching Profession

2. Assumption University
Address: Hua Mak Campas Ramkhamheang, Bangkok
Tel. +66 2300 4543-53 ext. 3718, 3610
Course Accreditation: M.Education (Curriculum and Instruction)

Archived