Marriage visa now a better alternative

In Phuket the wife will be interviewed by IO, photos of you & her both inside & outside showing house number, update marriage registration from Amphur (cost about 100 Baht), bank statement showing 400k, house paper, ID.

Edited by Valentine
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I chose that option many years ago. I am on my 11th extension based upon marriage now.

You can change the reason for your current extension to marriage when it ot near to expiring.

Here is my general list of required documents. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

What kind of reason do they require or is it in your pdf

• Confused 1

I chose that option many years ago. I am on my 11th extension based upon marriage now.
You can change the reason for your current extension to marriage when it ot near to expiring.
Here is my general list of required documents. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf
Thanks,been married for 22 years married in the UK lived here in the same place for 13 years,

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

What kind of reason do they require or is it in your pdf
I might go down this route,i have never bothered before as it was easier doing the 800k route,but i begrudge keeping 400,000 in permanantly,i usually have more ,but what if you need it in an emergancy,your done for,they have not thought this through i think.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can change the reason for your current extension to marriage when it or near to expiring.

My marriage certificate is English as we were married there so long ago ,will that be accepted or will i have to get it translated? any help appreciated ,although i dont have to do anything yet as i just got my years extension ,and by next time the rules may have changed again lol

22 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

My marriage certificate is English as we were married there so long ago ,will that be accepted or will i have to get it translated? any help appreciated ,although i dont have to do anything yet as i just got my years extension ,and by next time the rules may have changed again lol

We got married in England before moving back here a few years ago. We wanted to get it legalised here so we had to organise that ourselves. Quite time consuming and not too cheap but relatively simple. 

This is the thread on here I followed.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/935544-legalisation-of-uk-wedding-certificate/

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

You will have to have your marriage certificate legalized and then translated to Thai. Then the  translation will have to be certified by the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA in Bangkok. Then you will need to go to a Amphoe to register your foreign marriage to get a Kor Ror 22 marriage registry that immigration requires to apply for the extension of stay based upon marriage.

• Like 1

You will have to have your marriage certificate legalized and then translated to Thai. Then the  translation will have to be certified by the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA in Bangkok. Then you will need to go to a Amphoe to register your foreign marriage to get a Kor Ror 22 marriage registry that immigration requires to apply for the extension of stay based upon marriage.

Can you use an international certificate?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You can change the reason for your current extension to marriage when it or near to expiring.
In addition to this, at least here in Phuket, they want the pictures of your children inside the house, birth certificate and ID card, the funny part is that my daughter is 26 and living with her fiancee in Bkk... It makes no sense.

Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wobalt said:

Even if my wife lives most of the time overseas?

Yes she would need do it to register your marriage at a Amphoe to get a Kor Ror 22 required to apply for an extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai.

On 2/3/2019 at 6:26 PM, Valentine said:

In Phuket the wife will be interviewed by IO, photos of you & her both inside & outside showing house number, update marriage registration from Amphur (cost about 100 Baht), bank statement showing 400k, house paper, ID.

What happens if the married people don't live in the same house? A pic in front of both houses? lol

On 2/3/2019 at 6:27 PM, ubonjoe said:

Im currently on extension based on retirement...expires late June. I am married and before the retirement extension had 2 or 3 non imm o visas based on marriage. Can I go to laos and apply for a multi entry based on marriage before the current returement extension expires? I do not have the funds currently to extend at immigration.

5 hours ago, johnny1966 said:

Im currently on extension based on retirement...expires late June. I am married and before the retirement extension had 2 or 3 non imm o visas based on marriage. Can I go to laos and apply for a multi entry based on marriage before the current returement extension expires? I do not have the funds currently to extend at immigration.

yes savannakhet no funds required, 

Think you'll find it's a lot more hassle doing the Marriage Extension. 

Aside from the items mentioned above, if you don't have children, you need to get a 'guarantor' to show up at the Immigration interview plus his picture with you and your missus in front of your house. 

To add insult to injury, Immigration used to require a picture of you and the wife in your bedroom. 

For an additional 400k baht, it's a lot easier to do the Retirement Extension. 

• Like 2

Eighteen months ago, I went back to OZ to get an ..O_A multi retirement visa from Thai Emb Canberra...

I av got an extension of 12 months on it in Laos, in Oct..No prob...Still no B800 in bank worries..

To avoid this new regulation of money in bank all year, I intend to do same as money is not req in bank all year in OZ.....

Cost of plane fare etc, is well worth the trip as one splits cost over 2 years...

As one is on a pension, I do not av excess money to just lay in bank ....Cheers

• Like 2

You  people who are married in Thailand, are treated like 2nd class citizens in any way possible by Immigration all the time, from what I read...

The very reason I av never been interested in marrying a Thai in the 20 years I av been here....

Why buy a book when I can join the library..

My wife and I were married in the USA.     Wouldn't it be easier to just get married again here in Thailand then we would have the marriage certificate in Thai and not have to mess around with translations etc?