BANGKOK
bert bloggs

Marriage visa now a better alternative

I have never really considered it ,but would it not be easier for those of us who are married just to go down that route ,and by the way what does it entail?

In Phuket the wife will be interviewed by IO, photos of you & her both inside & outside showing house number, update marriage registration from Amphur (cost about 100 Baht), bank statement showing 400k, house paper, ID.

Edited by Valentine
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I chose that option many years ago. I am on my 11th extension based upon marriage now.

You can change the reason for your current extension to marriage when it ot near to expiring.

Here is my general list of required documents. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

What kind of reason do they require or is it in your pdf

• Confused 1

I chose that option many years ago. I am on my 11th extension based upon marriage now.
You can change the reason for your current extension to marriage when it ot near to expiring.
Here is my general list of required documents. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf
Thanks,been married for 22 years married in the UK lived here in the same place for 13 years,

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

What kind of reason do they require or is it in your pdf
I might go down this route,i have never bothered before as it was easier doing the 800k route,but i begrudge keeping 400,000 in permanantly,i usually have more ,but what if you need it in an emergancy,your done for,they have not thought this through i think.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can change the reason for your current extension to marriage when it or near to expiring.

My marriage certificate is English as we were married there so long ago ,will that be accepted or will i have to get it translated? any help appreciated ,although i dont have to do anything yet as i just got my years extension ,and by next time the rules may have changed again lol

22 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

My marriage certificate is English as we were married there so long ago ,will that be accepted or will i have to get it translated? any help appreciated ,although i dont have to do anything yet as i just got my years extension ,and by next time the rules may have changed again lol

We got married in England before moving back here a few years ago. We wanted to get it legalised here so we had to organise that ourselves. Quite time consuming and not too cheap but relatively simple. 

This is the thread on here I followed.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/935544-legalisation-of-uk-wedding-certificate/

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

You will have to have your marriage certificate legalized and then translated to Thai. Then the  translation will have to be certified by the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA in Bangkok. Then you will need to go to a Amphoe to register your foreign marriage to get a Kor Ror 22 marriage registry that immigration requires to apply for the extension of stay based upon marriage.

• Like 1

You will have to have your marriage certificate legalized and then translated to Thai. Then the  translation will have to be certified by the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA in Bangkok. Then you will need to go to a Amphoe to register your foreign marriage to get a Kor Ror 22 marriage registry that immigration requires to apply for the extension of stay based upon marriage.

Can you use an international certificate?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You can change the reason for your current extension to marriage when it or near to expiring.
In addition to this, at least here in Phuket, they want the pictures of your children inside the house, birth certificate and ID card, the funny part is that my daughter is 26 and living with her fiancee in Bkk... It makes no sense.

Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wobalt said:

Can you use an international certificate?

You would still have to register your foreign marriage at an Amphoe.