5 Reasons Why This Will Be The Deadlist Summer from Hua-Hin to Chaing Mai

LetsCleanUpTHAILAND

3 hours ago, Ulic said:

While I agree that trash/farm burning should be stopped by enforcing the laws that are already on the books as the right thing to do I don't see a catastrophe that is imminent. The monsoons winds and rain will come both cleaning the air and pushing the particulate away and everyone will quickly forget until next year.

Peoples' and animals' bodies won't be cleaned by the monsoon, and won't forget. 

It's a bit like thinking that to stop smoking for a few months after having smoked one pack a day for three months, is enough to clean one's lungs... 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2019 at 9:17 AM, bkkgriz said:

Do you mean solyndra? The Obama boondoggle that cost taxpayers billions of dollars for nothing? 

https://solarenergy.com/solar-resources/the-solyndra-scandal-and-why-president-obama-was-involved

I think you have your heart in the right place, however, your head is in the wrong country. Do you really believe the RTP will do anything to stop pollution? They won't even stop a motorist after running a red light right in front of a police box.

The elite will only do something if there is profit in it. Deep down, if you truly understand Thailand, you know this.

I salute your efforts and I too want a better environment. But it will have to start with education in primary school and we all know how that will go. 

Thailand is corrupt to the core and I see nothing changing that, especially a farang. Good luck.

No, I'm talking about Trumps policies that are putting American back into 19th century power sources. During the Obama administration, my country started to gain energy independence with jobs and economies growing in renewable energy. However, that ballon didn't sore as high as it could when Trump pulled on the string and popped that "balloon" of energy prosperity. Any new system is going to go through trial and error. The coal/gas industry went through the same problems at first, I'm sure.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm actually writing a university textbook for teaching English as a foreign language with focus on environmental studies and awareness. Hopefully, it will inform and mobilize Thailand's Junta-enforced voiceless young masses. *sarcasm*

People really do need to mobilized. How to create change in Thailand? Can't be grassroot. The Military would squash it.

On 2/13/2019 at 5:33 PM, Ulic said:

While I agree that trash/farm burning should be stopped by enforcing the laws that are already on the books as the right thing to do I don't see a catastrophe that is imminent. The monsoons winds and rain will come both cleaning the air and pushing the particulate away and everyone will quickly forget until next year.

What about the thai ability to blame? They now know about PM2.5 as well as the apps to monitor it. They will blame all their illnesses on PM2.5. That's the brilliance of ignorance. Sometimes misinformation and assumptions can create change. It's kinda like how people blame this hot season in december on global warming... it's actually an El Nino year.

On 2/13/2019 at 9:21 AM, freedomnow said:

All good points, but trying to magnify it and get momentum going through TV community won't work...you have to find your leverage point through Thai social media.

Expat community is a blip on the *ss of the Thai population totals...the momentum needs to come from within, not finger pointing farangs telling them everything they know and do is wrong/backwards....

{Incidentally saw an Air Asia advert with the air hostess pointing to herself yesterday, under (no doubt) western photographer direction...didn't he brush up on his rude gestures in Asia 101 ?}

Great Point! That's how I won my first campaign in Thailand on Twitter. I'll consider this again. Thank you.