War on smokers: Smoking outside condos, public buildings officially BANNED

webfact

I am sure that this will be enforced for farangs only!  After all, like motorcycle helmets and road tax, Thai's can't afford to pay fines!  I suspect 90% or more of the fines will be paid to the officer on the spot.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, dcnx said:

I’ve seen zero enforcement so far. Literally, nothing has changed anywhere in Chiang Mai. Not that I expected it to, but I thought they at least might put up signs. Nada.

I think they put a few up in pubic places and tourist areas temples

the beach and a few Soi's. just as a reminder for naughty tourists, tarnishing the good name of the place

download.png

On 2/4/2019 at 11:13 AM, sup3r1or said:

Really? You know burning anything is banned since January but all my neighbors are doing it. MY mother in law called police 3 days in the row, eventually they showed up. Talked to the guy and left, after 5 mins he started a new fire right near my house. 

Sure rules are enforced. 

Do what my Irish neighbour told me he did.

He crept into the neighbours garden and stole his rubbish, piled it up in his own garden, set fire to it and said 'let's see how he likes it now'

On 2/4/2019 at 10:58 AM, Father Fintan Stack said:

Yesterday for lunch I was at an outdoor Thai restaurant when a filthy Chinese lit up in the restaurant and proceeded to walk out. A few of the patrons caught the vapours of his filthy habit including myself and the missus. 

No-one should be subject to the disgusting habits of others. 

This is excellent news and hope it is actually enforced solidly. 

Well done Thailand.

hmmm - did you voice any complaints to the kid in the restaurant corner who was sat with one finger screwed right up his nose?

Archived