Chiang Mai Immigration.

Formaleins

HI all

in regards to chiangmai immigration near airport plaza ..

I have to report to immigration for residency report within 24 hrs   ALWAYS  .. well i came in on friday night and sat sun monday (holiday)  i thought they were closed .. they kindly informed me that no they are not closed  .. the third floor residency is closed but downstairs at immigration they are open  7 days a week and never close  ...  i wonder what else we can do at im  ... 

On 2/9/2019 at 10:02 AM, NancyL said:

Trouble is that if you want to get a re-entry permit or do your 90 day report just after obtaining your annual extension, you need a copy of the chop they just put in your passport.  No way to "forward plan" for that.  I was at Imm. earlier this week and had a death-denying dash across the divided highway in order to obtain the copy of my new one year extension in order to dash back and apply for a re-entry permit.  

Those who are be able to cultivate a little better relationship with IO staff do get the occasional needed copy made by IO staff on IO copy machines for free.

But that is rarely possible for those who reek of disrespect.

On 2/8/2019 at 12:42 AM, Sparkles said:

If you have a carry case with duplicate photocopies of everything, and I mean everything, you dont have to worry about getting photocopies when you get there.Just basic forward planning.

1 baht each where I go

exactly, i'm surprised some of these people can even tie their shoes.

Regarding the death-defying mad dash across the airport road to obtain a photocopy of the new extension stamp for a re-entry permit, this IS one minor photocopy service that could easily be provided by officers processing extensions, or at the Re-entry counter. Very simple, and It certainly would not be a burden for Immigration.

Drama queens aside, some older people are really not so spry! And I recently noticed one person with a couple of small children making the dash across that very busy road.

I should have suggested this the last time I visited Immigration but, my bad, didn’t! I hope several readers will do so as I won’t be back at Immigration for a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Archived