War on smokers: Smoking rooms at airports scrapped

webfact

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

Just an idea.

Wouldn't it have been possible to get the outdoor smoking areas finished first and then close down the old ones?

I have this terrible thought; what if they planned to build all new toilets???????

Or just fix the fans in the smokingrooms so people don't keep the door open to get some air while smoking.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

Proper smoking room

20190120_155415.jpg

Not sure about the qualications for entry though. I don't think it's an open door to all. Quite possibly business class or pay to play place.

I'll google it.

Edit.

Bamboo lounge.

Best I can find is that it's located between first and business class 'somewhere' and it also mentions 1000 baht an hour.

It does mention a smoking area but not sure if that's been chopped recently.

On 2/4/2019 at 3:53 AM, Puchaiyank said:

The war is on all airborne pollutants.  Smoking is hazardous to everyone breathing smoke polluted air.  Do everyone a favor...

'Puchaiyank': 'Do everyone a favor...': like you staying home and stop ranting? There is a majority of smokers respecting the rights(!) of non-smokers. Why would smokers not be allowed, even paying for it, to have, separated, rooms where they could have a smoke? There is a now a majority of non-smokers, but when one sees what kind of minorities are offered dedicated spaces in, international, airports, this ...smells like dictates from a, ...small, minority of rancid ayathollas to me.

On 2/4/2019 at 5:15 AM, CGW said:

The Chinese are used to being subservient, just leaves some of the pesky "expats" to continue to moan ????

Chinese airports have clamped down on smoking in recent years also, government have a better stream of income now, don't need the taxes from the smokers ????

'CJW': I'd like to see how many billions of Baht are generated by excise and taxes on cigarettes in Thailand, plus the money and jobs generated by the local tobacco industry... I was once part of a State project, in Europe, aiming at suppressing tobacco use for costing swats of money to the collectivity. Very serious enterprise, with most respectable participants. The report after two years was buried deeper than highly radioactive waste: the conclusions showing the social security would be bankrupted in no time, both by growing retirement pensions from longer living citizens, and by them dying from longer more expensive ailments... Do YOU know what you are speaking about Mr?

I have problems with people yelling, being plain rude, smelling of perspiration or worse, farthing around, and stinking from their mouth. When those nuisances could be eliminated I'd love to stop smoking in any airport, even when my flight is, like most, delayed without explanation.

3 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

I have been a smoker for most of my life I gave up a few years ago but I am not like you guys say I am a reformed smoker I do not mind at all if some one smokes near me and I think it is plain wrong to stop smokers to take away what they like may as well ban all junk food on the airports

I'm of a similar view point...  I have nothing against smokers... If smokers consider a cigarette one of life's privileges why begrudge them an opportunity to smoke before or after a flight... Give them a nice filtered smoking room not a dingy cubbyhole...  better still, give them an outside cafe in the departures area.... 

But... I don't like it if someone lights up near me in a cafe or a restaurant, especially if I am with my son - this is the anti-social side of smoking which I hate - but many smokers are often forced to be antisocial because they have no other option... 

Give smokers a good alternative... 

Now... don't get me started on the 'inflight farters'..... 

Archived