Chinese New Year show of force - but where are all the Chinese?

webfact

8pm.jpg

Pictures: Manager Online

Manager reported that the Krabi police and military top brass were out in force to assure tourists of safety at Chinese New Year. One hundred officers toured Ao Nang shaking hands with tourists.

They quoted Pol Col Supharik Phankoson the chief of the Krabi immigration saying that many Chinese and Thais of Chinese descent would be visiting Krabi. 

82pm.jpg

He then went on a public relations tour of Ao Nang with local cops, the tourist police and military handing out leaflets.

However, all the pictures were with western tourists. 

83pm.jpg

They were all smiling but there didn't appear to be any Chinese in sight!

Chinese New Year begins in earnest today. 

Source: Manager Online

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-04

I got caught in one of these 'meet and greets' in Kanachanaburi a few months ago. Consisted of 3 of them trying to be friendly and all smiles to me and my friend, and another 4 trying to act tough and asking to see our passports. Showed them copies we had, told them I don't carry a passport when out on a bike trip and got the 3rd degree, while the other 3 were still trying to say 'Welcome to Thailand' and trying to take happy thumbs up photos with us. 

After, when walking away, my friend from the UK said, "What the f#@k just happened there?" - it was surreal 

9 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

I think China might be a reasonable answer to that  . . . .  ????

Why is that a tough concept for TAT to get their heads around? The concept that, "we want you to come here and spend money and perhaps die so you really have no choice but to come" is not working out for them!

So you are sitting having a beer or on the beach and a whole bunch of Thailands best in green and brown well know for brown envelopes and shake downs come up to you.

Would you be feeling a warm glow as they approach or be thinking what the <deleted> is going on now and how much is this going to cost me.

6 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

come to Australia and go shopping in a shopping mall you be lucky to find any Australian

don't get me wrong I love Asian people

Yep. My Thai wife said when she first arrived in Australia why are we stopping over in China? I told her China has no boundaries anymore the world is their oyster☹️

19 hours ago, nev said:

Again Thailand showing their love for all things Chinese and on the other hand making harder and harder for Farang to stay in this country.

Maybe we should try and change our nationality to Chinese, just to make immigration visits easier ????????

18 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

I got caught in one of these 'meet and greets' in Kanachanaburi a few months ago. Consisted of 3 of them trying to be friendly and all smiles to me and my friend, and another 4 trying to act tough and asking to see our passports. Showed them copies we had, told them I don't carry a passport when out on a bike trip and got the 3rd degree, while the other 3 were still trying to say 'Welcome to Thailand' and trying to take happy thumbs up photos with us. 

After, when walking away, my friend from the UK said, "What the f#@k just happened there?" - it was surreal 

I am sure that you felt genuinely touched by their concern for your well being LOL.

4 hours ago, monkeycu said:

Maybe we should try and change our nationality to Chinese, just to make immigration visits easier ????????

When the Thais allowed the Chins in to dig the Clongs, they never realised they would take over and write the Imo Rules. Or own all the Cream Businesses and monopolise their Government. To late now, but perhaps Europe should take note before Islams rule them.

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:32 AM, keith101 said:

Most Chinese go home to family for their New Year celebrations just like Thai do and dont travel overseas so the so called masses were never going to happen .

According to TAT 479,000 people visited that area down  there between the 5th and the 12th. I know its only the 8th but TiT

Archived