Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

New financial regulations for retirees: Nearly a third of expats may have to leave - but half on Facebook say they're off!

Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

sounds fair enough to me.  Wish the UK did the same.  

You cannot get into the U.K. unless you have a job that pays a minimum of £18,000 per year that is why there are a lot of Brits who have married abroad but their wives cannot get a visa due to the spouse not earning enough 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think anybody has any idea what the rules for renewal will be the in August. Will start to look for latest changes in April, and then decide how best to go about it. 

Was quite happy about the monthly transfer option, however this holding 400K for 5 month in an account is a bit silly. How could that be accomplished / controlled? 

Again will wait and see. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, StefanBBK said:

Don't think anybody has any idea what the rules for renewal will be the in August. Will start to look for latest changes in April, and then decide how best to go about it. 

Was quite happy about the monthly transfer option, however this holding 400K for 5 month in an account is a bit silly. How could that be accomplished / controlled? 

Again will wait and see. 

You surely do mean 800k for 5 months and then 400k all year around 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, cyrus9 said:

The reason for this decision is to stop fraud. There are some Indian sharks in Thailand who lend 800,000 Baht to some foreigners for a week with a high interest, just for those foreigners to get 1 year retirement visa. I hear there have been many cases like that.

how could this work?  The 800 k has to be seasoned for 3 months.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Tried it, but not enough room. So I moved up to my stretch Cadillac. 

The other option is to take a dozen Thais instead, they take up about the same room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just seen an email dated today pm from a key Pattaya agent that says the the new requirements apply to new applicants only.

 

Have not seen an official announcement yet.

 

Just saying what I have seen.

Edited by Thailand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jabis said:

You surely do mean 800k for 5 months and then 400k all year around 🙂

Actually not, meant 400k as I am here on family...  But the rules are in the same limbo as the retirement options. 

Anyway, I would likely be looking at the Thailand Elite option again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Just seen an email dated today pm from a key Pattaya agent that says the the new requirements apply to new applicants only.

 

Have not seen an official announcement yet.

 

Just saying what I have seen.

image.png

 

Impossible to tell from that very badly worded  directive.

 

Though it would be consistent with prior practices in terms of not raising financial requirements for people already on extension. As we have all figured out, the new rules effectively increase the required amount to 1.2 million baht, quite a leap from 800K.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...