Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Farangs in Thailand: "They break the rules but the authorities protect them"

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Aussieroaming said:

Regardless of her reasons for being peeved her rascism against farangs is now well broadcast. Congratulations slapper.

In a normal society, such a broadcasting might lose her some respect. However, in Thailand virtually every Thai shares her racist views.

 

They will quietly appreciate that she has said these things and support her. Private Face/Image.

 

The media (especially English language media) will try to create an impression that average Thais don't believe in racism. Public Face/Image. 

 

Nearly all the Asians are the same. They are all xenophobic, clan culture people. We farang are often too gullible and good natured to believe otherwise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

In a normal society, such a broadcasting might lose her some respect. However, in Thailand virtually every Thai shares her racist views.

 

They will quietly appreciate that she has said these things and support her. Private Face/Image.

 

The media (especially English language media) will try to create an impression that average Thais don't believe in racism. Public Face/Image. 

 

Nearly all the Asians are the same. They are all xenophobic, clan culture people. We farang are often too gullible and good natured to believe otherwise. 

I have lived and or worked in 5 Asian countries, plus visited several others and Thailand is by far the worst that I have encountered for overt in your face broadcast rascism. Disappointing but a fact of life I guess. Not that westerners aren't prone to being xenophobic either, but its better subdued by authorities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, webfact said:

"Foreigners break the rules in Thailand and nothing is done. They are even protected.

 

"We are Thais and this is our country but we can't take any action. If it was someone from Burma they wouldn't be given this protection.

Translation:

"We Thais should be able to do whatever we want to all foreigners in our country, irrespective of the law."

 

"We routinely violate and take advantage of people like the Burmese, for example. We should be able to treat Farang the same way, without consequence or any due process." 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

The thing that jumps out at me is that with this attitude, Thais will NEVER have a true democratic form of government under the rule of law.  If you had a deadbeat renter in the UK or the USA, could you just stand outside ranting and raving get him out?  Would ranting on Facebook have any effect?  Of course not. 

 

This crazy bird talks about following the rules, but she isn't.  There is a very specific legal procedure for removing deadbeat tenants under the rule of law.  If he is not paying the rent and SHE follows the rules, the foreigner will be removed, not protected.  Why do things like this warrant mention in the news?  It only encourages the stupid mob mentality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Preacher said:

 

The thing that jumps out at me is that with this attitude, Thais will NEVER have a true democratic form of government under the rule of law.  If you had a deadbeat renter in the UK or the USA, could you just stand outside ranting and raving get him out?  Would ranting on Facebook have any effect?  Of course not. 

 

This crazy bird talks about following the rules, but she isn't.  There is a very specific legal procedure for removing deadbeat tenants under the rule of law.  If he is not paying the rent and SHE follows the rules, the foreigner will be removed, not protected.  Why do things like this warrant mention in the news?  It only encourages the stupid mob mentality.

Totally agree. They actually do not want a democracy. They, like China, only pretend to gain international benefit. I think it's a mistake to assume they aspire to our ideals.

 

They live in and believe in and find comfort in a society with traditional Asian values, paramount of which is the idea that everyone is UNEQUAL. They don't believe in equality. This is why it's so easy for them to expect that they can treat foreigners any way they want. Foreigners are NOT equal, not even under law, in their thinking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Bullie said:

 

 

Apart from anything I have yet to meet the first farang that got his deposit back after termination of a rental agreement, so I am quite enjoying this spat....

Umm I got all my deposit back...6 months in Bangkok-Bearing 2017....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Splash210 said:

Thais are kind?????? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yes, some are very kind - and have gone out of their way to help me when I needed help, even though I didn't even know them.

 

And I live on Phuket!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

And he is an utter douche nozzle for barricading himself in the apartment. 

 

Not alot here for either side to be proud of. 

How proud his family and friends must be...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off topic posts and replies have been removed.

 

Profane posts and the replies have been removed:

 

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes, some are very kind - and have gone out of their way to help me when I needed help, even though I didn't even know them.
 
And I live on Phuket!
Then why have so many foreigners been scammed, had passports stolen, been robbed, drugged, beaten, lied on, drugs planted on them, and locked up for no reason?

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Splash210 said:

Then why have so many foreigners been scammed, had passports stolen, been robbed, drugged, beaten, lied on, drugs planted on them, and locked up for no reason?

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
 

There is good and bad, in everyone.

 

Sent from my nobody cares what device your using.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All these years foreigners have been getting scammed; the gem scam, tuk tuk scam, seafood restaurant scam, sell you ganja and get you arrested scam, suit scam, jet ski scam, charge you double on everything scam, bird seed scam (the list never ends) but maybe now the tables have been turned? Oh, I see splash said the same thing, sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Yes, some are very kind - and have gone out of their way to help me when I needed help, even though I didn't even know them.

 

And I live on Phuket!

 

19 minutes ago, Splash210 said:

Then why have so many foreigners been scammed, had passports stolen, been robbed, drugged, beaten, lied on, drugs planted on them, and locked up for no reason?

Sent from my Redmi 5 Plus using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
 

Because (same as every country), some people are kind, whilst others are the opposite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...