Due To Thai Immigrations new financial Rules / Reqs I Need Help With Money Transfer(s)

8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I  didn't like that the transfer fee went up with the amount transferred with Transferwise, I don't pay anything for a Swift. But TW still worked out better because they offered a better exchange rate. Not sure if that advantage is lost with bigger transfers.. but unlikely.

It's a £1.50 flat fee + 0.55% of the transferred amount.

Even with bigger transfers, because of their exchange rate your still better off.

£40,000 transferred through BKK London, with a fixed fee of £20 and a max fee of 500BHT for exchanging £/BHT, works out at 1,612,493 received.

TW fee is £220.29 for £40,000 but the exchange rate more than compensates for the increasing fee, still receiving 1,621,509 BHT.

Only 9000 THB difference on £40K but better to be in your pocket than theirs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On February 5, 2019 at 11:40 AM, AAArdvark said:

Except that the new rules from bangkok bank

To be fair, the change was because of US government enforcement regarding reporting international transfers. The method that was in use at Bangkok Bank NY made what we're actually international transfers appear to be nothing more than domestic transfers to a US based bank branch.

I'm sure Bangkok Bank would rather have continued doing business as they had been doing.

• Like 1