The message on vaping still isn’t getting through

Davedub

A study, conducted by King’s College London and funded by Cancer Research UK has explored the misperceptions that surround vaping. Public Health England (PHE) states that vaping is 95% safer than smoking and this figure has been maintained numerous times.

While this figure is well-known in the vaping world, the results from this recent piece of research suggest that the message still isn’t being recognised by all smokers. According to the study, fewer than 6 out of 10 smokers or ex-smokers accurately identify vaping as being healthier than smoking.

Prof John Newton, director of health improvement at PHE recently said:

“It would be tragic if thousands of smokers who could quit with the help of an e-cigarette are being put off due to false fears about safety,”

“We need to reassure smokers that switching to an e-cigarette would be much less harmful than smoking. This demonstration highlights the devastating harms caused by every cigarette and helps people see that vaping is likely to pose only a fraction of the risk.”

• 4 weeks later...

Nearly a month and nobody has bothered to comment.

Well I will. Although I quit cold turkey I did try vaping for a while but it did not stop me quitting.

It must be commonsense to try using an alternative to cigarettes, but why are the Thai government still banning it's use....?

There does not seem to be any other reason to ban e-cigs

Archived