How many work permits...

chemist

Yes, how many work permits are you allowed to have without having a Thai teacher license? Three? Four? During how many years can you legally work in Thailand without this license? Six? Eight? I've heard so many different answers to these questions...

If you have reached the limits mentioned above, is it possible to show the teachers council some proof stating that you are enrolled in a course (that you can use to apply for a five year license) and they will give you a temporary teacher license while you are studying? Or, do you have to complete the whole course to be able to legally teach in Thailand again?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Chemist

PS I'm sure information about this is buried somewhere in this forum, but I didn't manage to find it.

None. You will not get a work permit without a teaching license or waiver for schools that require a teaching license.

You are probably talking about waivers for the teaching license. The waivers you can get about 4, maybe more if you show that you are really studying to become a qualified teacher. The waivers are intended to give you time to get qualified.

A waiver is school specific and only good for that school. The validity is 2 years, but if you leave and go to another school you will need a new waiver. 

Archived