Video: "Signing into your mobile" - the latest in Bangkok communication

webfact

Video: "Signing into your mobile" - the latest in Bangkok communication

screenshot_8608.jpg

A YouTube video shot in Bangkok showed a Thai woman using signing to communicate through a video call on a smart phone. 

While her fellow passengers are sleeping or minding their own business this lady is animated in more ways than one.

Here at Thaivisa we wondered what she might be saying!?

The video was filmed on a "song thaew" or soi bus going down Sukhumvit Soi 77 (On Nut) on Monday morning. 

The poster who goes by the name of Debony Cresta said: "I'd never seen someone sign into a phone like that before! Before video chats on mobiles she wouldn't have been able to call anyone so what a brilliant use of technology". 

Appropriately enough he called his video: "Signing into your mobile".

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-05

"Here at Thaivisa we wondered what she might be saying!?"

Why do you wish to know what she was saying?...listening/looking in on other people's conversations was once considered "bad manners"..has this principle now dissapeared (along with many others)?

As someone who has volunteered to help look after a deaf child I understand just how vital this is. The massive problem that remains for people who have emerged from the silent world into a world of communication, knowledge and friendship is that they still cant communicate with the rest of us who dont learn to sign. They are locked in to a small community and its awful hard when they are outside it. Our child cant wait to get back to school where she can have proper communication with a community instead of the blank faces of the public that dont understand her. 

I see this frequently on the BTS and in some of the shopping malls. Even see it next to the Nana car park as several of the ladies "working" there are speech/hearing impaired.

I remember watching one girl have what was obviously a heated argument with the other caller...some pretty impressive gesticulation happening.

Archived