Thai hospital security guard steals dying taxi driver's wallet - police let him go and the hospital does nothing

webfact

2 hours ago, KhaoTan said:

or is it the belief that he will get his own karma in return so no need to chase him down too much?  I don't know but the true outrage here is how he was so callous and walked around the body.

I really don't give a flying frog, what "the belief" is and as far as I care, Karma does not exist!

The real outrage is that people seem to justify this with "belief" and "karma", which I guess is, why so many people act like that!

I used to be a lot more tolerant towards religion, when I was younger!

Fact is: religion poisons everything! (C.Hitchens)

When will people realise that carrying a wallet with cash, credit cards, driving licence and ID is a dumb idea.  Its a lot to lose in one hit.  I have lost count how many times I have gone up stairs or an escalator and seen a man in front with a fat wallet in his back pocket ready for the taking.  This is Thailand !  Prying eyes everywhere. Spread your stuff around in different pockets, preferably with zips or buttons. I have never been robbed, cos a potential thief doesn't know whats in my pockets. 

10 minutes ago, jaiyen said:

When will people realise that carrying a wallet with cash, credit cards, driving licence and ID is a dumb idea.  Its a lot to lose in one hit.  I have lost count how many times I have gone up stairs or an escalator and seen a man in front with a fat wallet in his back pocket ready for the taking.  This is Thailand !  Prying eyes everywhere. Spread your stuff around in different pockets, preferably with zips or buttons. I have never been robbed, cos a potential thief doesn't know whats in my pockets. 

The poor guy was dead.

I doubt "spreading your stuff around" would've helped.

29 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

I bet the security guard felt really lucky, finding those 10 000 just laying around there to be picked up.

And i bet nobody dares to tell mr Prayuth or Big Joke about this or he would already have taken action.

How many times have you been found dead in a taxi?
Brilliant post.
[emoji108]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

No surprise here it is common knowledge that Thai's rush to car accident scenes not to help but to help themselves to phone and wallets plus anything not bolted down or on fire. Remember the 1991 airliner crash north of Bangkok. There were reported to be 200 villagers looting the site before authorities arrived. Later they set up a market to sell the dead passenger's plundered goods. Good Buddhists they are!

18 hours ago, webfact said:

But as he was driving his taxi he suffered severe chest pains and drove himself to Nong Khae Hospital. As he was exiting his cab in a section of the car park he fell onto a metal spike protruding from a lump of concrete.

What a Typically Thai outcome. A dangerous metal spike protruding from a concrete block at a hospital no less. The irony of it all will escape most locals. 

RIP to the deceased

20 hours ago, webfact said:

A security guard passed by and offered no help. 

Instead he walked round the taxi twice before stealing her father's wallet.

Sums up Thailand in a nut shell. no compassion, ineffective policing, uncaring authorities!

20 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Sums up Thailand in a nut shell. no compassion, ineffective policing, uncaring authorities!

Behavior like this is just seen too often and because of that, I appreciate such a comment.  I'm not a "Thai-basher."

The guy walked around the car TWICE. Wow.

Western ethics are so much different and often conflicting with the social norms here.

Just a terrible person, in my opinion.

Archived