Best Brand for 2,000 liter water tank?

TravelerEastWest

Best Brand for 2,000 liter water tank?

So far I have used Sandstone and DOS.

DOS is fine except the top hatch is too small so not convenient for cleaning water sediment.

So I am thinking about buying 6 new tanks this week and "Wave" is a new option that I heard about - see photo.

I am not very concerned about the price and don't like the look of steel tanks.

So I am looking for 2,000 liters

Sand Color

Large hatch up top for cleaning

Good quality materials

Any thoughts?

Wave water tank.jpg

Seems you are already half way there with your spec.

Maybe if your tanks are sited outside you just need to consider the UV standatd of the plastic.

My tank supplier i recall only made one comment on what to choose and that was that the cheaper(lets say blue tanks) have a thinner guage wall and will not last as long in direct sunlight...uv breakdown etc.

If your tanks are under cover it dont see that bit matters.

DOS, Safe Tank, Diamond are three brands worth your time and consideration. Each of those three have different styles of tanks. Your hatch situation is not unique and worth checking each company.  Each of those three brands offers different series of plastic water tanks. The price will reflect the quality of the materials.

Thanks all

No blue or black plastic or steel as they are ugly.

So far I have narrowed it down to Wave as in the above photo and Diamond brand sandstone color 2,000 liter.

Still waiting to get the Wave hatch size I need 53 cm plus

DOS is much smaller so not a choice.

I am now making a concrete pad and roof will have that finished in a week or so and it seems around 3 days top order.

My choice would be stainless steel, they come with a base that makes it easy to clean by draining through the bottom ????

Don't like the colour, spray it whatever colour you like, mines matt black ???? 

^Correct me if I am wrong but as SS is basically Iron with added chromium, its not the iron that causes the damage but the hydrogen sulphide that can be present, if your water is high in H2S you pretty well screwed anyway ???? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Crossy,

Not sure what you mean by crunchy bits but I have water from underground being pumped up a hill to a holding tank then up the hill to tanks with a Hitachi pump to push from the tank through a resin and carbon filter then downhill via gravity to my house (2 floors).

Today I had a new ground put in for my house zinc galvanized steel and quite heavy and thick. The two guys who installed were very friendly PEA workers on their day off.

So while the ground is up to code I probably should have shopped around for a good copper 10 mil ground...

My DOS Tank is six years old now never had to clean it out, I have a large drip irrigation screen filter in the feed line I clean every so often filled with crap from village well water but doesnt make it into the tank. Clean in Clean out. Never had a pump problem either due to this filter cleaning the water.

17 hours ago, notagain said:

My DOS Tank is six years old now never had to clean it out, I have a large drip irrigation screen filter in the feed line I clean every so often filled with crap from village well water but doesnt make it into the tank. Clean in Clean out. Never had a pump problem either due to this filter cleaning the water.

We have our own well water and have lots of minerals - even after two sets of large filters.

Are you saying that your filter system cleans the water so that you have no sediment in your tanks or home?

I wonder does your village filter also?

Can you post a photo and more details?

Thank you!

This is my drip irrigation filter, I had a larger one but this one has a double screen system. The red outer filter catches all the sediment and rocks etc. while the blue inner filter is even finer screen which never has much on it. You can see all the mud/sediment on the red filter before a toothbrush with bleach cleaned it up As long as the water supply pressure stays steady I only clean it every month or so, takes ten minutes. Dissolved minerals not much you can do about them really, every so often i pull all the faucet screens and the shower head and soak in vinegar to clean out the lime/calcium buildup. My RO water system has a clear sediment filter case so I can see when it needs changing which isnt very often. One big problem here is the water pressure variations cause the pipes to contaminate the water supply with junk, anytime a pipe loses pressure the crap on the pipe walls falls off into the water supply.

IMG_20190310_172132.jpg

IMG_20190310_171643.jpg

IMG_20190310_171751.jpg

IMG_20190310_171758.jpg

IMG_20190310_171812.jpg

IMG_20190310_171643.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I see plenty of water tanks and drip irrigation filters on show in Buriram this week at the Buriram Home Builders Expo. It is not a boring shopping trip as the technical staff are very helpful. Netafim is a brand of Crop irrigation and Rainbird is a garden sprinkler system I am familiar with in Buriram Thailand. 

Buriram Netafim Crop Drip Irrigation Sale 2019.jpg

Buriram Netafim crop irrigation drip sprinkler.jpg

Expo Buriram Safe Water Storage Tank Installation Team.jpg

Buriram Safe Food Grade Water tank Sale Prices 2019.jpg

Archived