Making Demerit: Amazonian Predator Fish Freed By Karma-Seekers

webfact

Making Demerit: Amazonian Predator Fish Freed By Karma-Seekers

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

35427791516_6d8e8f366e_k-696x464.jpg

Image: Laura Wolf / Flickr

LAMPANG — A large fish released into a public park by temple-goers turned out to be the predatorial Amazonian arapaima, officials said Monday.

The well-intended release at a large pond located inside Nong Krathing Park sparked a hunt for the fish due to concerns that the alien species could damage local ecology, fishery official Samatchai Thongkamchum told reporters.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2019/02/05/making-demerit-amazonian-predator-fish-freed-by-karma-seekers/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2019-02-05

This fish could be easily caught, its not used being fished for. They could try dead baiting of life baiting. I caught more then a few Arapaimas even over 100kg these were fish in stocked ponds and those fish were quite smart.

When they are first released they are stupid and easily caught. 

20 hours ago, fruitman said:

My neighbour likes to stuff all kind of animals in tiny cages...he even catches wild birds with traps.

Can he still be a buddhist?

One of my neighbours tried this once, a wild bird in a cage is not so good.

Whenever I sat around on the patio drinking I taught the bird to speak English

Needless to say the bird was released after a few months, guess my English was not liked  F&%K it

Only too typical of Thai thinking. 1. Don't know what it is; 2. I didn't think it would grow so big; 3. It was not supposed to eat my other aquarium fish or bite my hand.; 3. I think I'll just drop it in this here pond. This is same mindset that says "I can make this "U" turn; here, hold my beer and just watch this."

Archived