Out of date information/threads when not signed in (Lurking)

Samui Bodoh

Hi Tech Doctor et al

When I have signed in to TVF, everything is okay.

However, I occasionally visit TVF without signing in (lurking), and when I do the various boards/threads tend to be out of date. For example, if I look at a thread at... 15:00, the info displayed will be from... 9:45. Or, I look at a thread at... 12:05, but the info displayed is from... 10:42. I refresh the site and, on rare occasions, it is fixed, but the vast majority of the time out of date information is displayed. I will note that I don't always want to sign in; I do sign in with my laptop, but if I am out I sometimes look at TV with my Tablet and/or Smartphone. And, even when I sometimes check TVF with my laptop at home (lurking), out of date information/threads are displayed.

Is this TVF's way to try to get everyone to sign in? I was a lurker for several years before I joined TVF, and sometimes prefer to lurk rather than sign in.

Is this happening only to me? Anyone else? Any solutions? I do 'refresh', but it works maybe 1 out of 20 times. Is this a latent, left-over issue from the upgrade? I use the website, not the app.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/information/solutions.

Cheers

Archived