14 Pheu Chart candidates change  names to “Thaksin” and “Yingluck”

webfact

14 Pheu Chart candidates change  names to “Thaksin” and “Yingluck”

%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%B7%E0%B9%88%E0%

At least, 14 candidates of the pro-Thaksin Pheu Chart party have changed their names to “Thaksin” for the men and “Yingluck” for the women when they applied for registration on Monday.

Pheu Chat party deputy leader Aree Krainara said the 14 candidates changed their names because they personally like the two former prime ministers whose names, they believe, can be easily remembered by voters.

He also said that the name changes were a political gimmick because there are so many rules and regulations which restrict election campaigning. He indicated that more candidates had changed their names but he could only remember 14 of them.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/14-pheu-chart-candidates-change-names-to-thaksin-and-yingluck/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-02-05

32 minutes ago, webfact said:

14 candidates changed their names because they personally like the two former prime ministers whose names, they believe, can be easily remembered by voters.

Like Jeff Johnson (The Distinguished Gentleman) starring Eddie Murphy.  :laugh:

Retaliation expected any minute now... 

From the original article:

Candidates, whose documents are incomplete or whose personal information is found to be false, may not be eligible to contest the poll, he added.

Let's watch the junta try to work this loophole hard. 

This really is Amazing Thailand! It never ceases to amaze me the depths they will go to get a whiff of that trough.
Some take out a few guns, at least these people actually try to obtain a mandate, even if doing so is riddled with obstacles put in by the guys with the guns. I personally like that the Thaksin and Yingluck seem to have a sense of humor.

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

One way of getting around the edict that removed party names and logos from voting forms, no mistaking which mob they are from.

Wonder if the name change was massaged by an envelope?

Sheer madness!

19 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

the edict that removed party names and logos from voting forms

Reinstated December 18, 2018 :

Backing down under pressure from political parties, the Election Commission has agreed to opt for an election ballot design that is complete with the names and logos of political parties as well as the numbers of individual candidates.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ec-backtracks-and-agrees-to-ballots-with-both-partys-names-and-logos/

But still clever to use Thaksin and Yingluck names.

17 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

Some take out a few guns, at least these people actually try to obtain a mandate, even if doing so is riddled with obstacles put in by the guys with the guns. I personally like that the Thaksin and Yingluck seem to have a sense of humor.

Yeah, great to have a sense of humor when you're already a billionaire and the chance of more from the trough that never empties is looming.

Bet all those poor abused farmers who got screwed with the rice scheme are pissing themselves laughing!

See the non elected red shirt leaders are leading this lot too. Were they democratically selected on skill and merit?

9 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Reinstated December 18, 2018 :

Backing down under pressure from political parties, the Election Commission has agreed to opt for an election ballot design that is complete with the names and logos of political parties as well as the numbers of individual candidates.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ec-backtracks-and-agrees-to-ballots-with-both-partys-names-and-logos/

But still clever to use Thaksin and Yingluck names.

"But still clever to use Thaksin and Yingluck names."

Removes any doubt as to who owns, controls and commands this party. Just look whose center stage in the photo!

Same old wine, cheap attempt at new packaging with same old faces!

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Yeah, great to have a sense of humor when you're already a billionaire and the chance of more from the trough that never empties is looming.

Bet all those poor abused farmers who got screwed with the rice scheme are pissing themselves laughing!

See the non elected red shirt leaders are leading this lot too. Were they democratically selected on skill and merit?

Was the current government democratically selected on skill and merit?

Name one member in the NLA or even the whole of the government who was democratically elected. Why this unhealthy focus on Thaksin. As to through, after five years of Prayuth and Prawit, that one is virtually empty!

23 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

Yep and in one media event one of the first candidates to change his name to Thaksin was asked what the party policies are, his instant response 'get Thaksin back to Thailand'. Nothing more.

They, their intent is as obvious as the nose of your face. 

If vote for someone only because you like their name, you shouldn’t be permitted to vote.

That said, this election is clearly a sham so it probably doesn’t even matter. May as well vote for Mr. Bean.

Yep and in one media event one of the first candidates to change his name to Thaksin was asked what the party policies are, his instant response 'get Thaksin back to Thailand'. Nothing more.

They, their intent is as obvious as the nose of your face. 

What is wrong with that? You seem to be forgetting that they still need to obtain that mandate If they secure a large one, (as they seem to do consistently) one must assume the electorate agrees.

But I guess you know better right. Much better to be stuck with someone named Prayuth and be unable to do anything about it.

2 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

What is wrong with that? You seem to be forgetting that they still need to obtain that mandate If they secure a large one, (as they seem to do consistently) one must assume the electorate agrees.

But I guess you know better right. Much better to be stuck with someone named Prayuth and be unable to do anything about it.

Very little logic in your message.

Very little logic in your message.

It is full of logic. Democracy and all, a concept apparently not understood. Or are you one of those people that foolishly believe that large parts of the Thai electorate are not educated enough to vote

Always fun to hear the ramblings of those kind of misguided fools...

Archived