BANGKOK 18 February 2019 08:00
PPVisitor

Friend went incommunicado for 24 hours. Help?

I'm in PP, and a friend I'm supposed to go for a tour with went incommunicado for 24 hours. He's nowhere to be found, and not reachable via all mediums. Advice on what can I do? 

39 minutes ago, PPVisitor said:

Advice on what can I do? 

you need to think about how out of character this is for your friend. only you can hit the panic button and go to the police. 

drinks? drugs? having a romance? or very responsible? 

@NCC1701A Very out of character, he actually is very responsible so kinda odd that he's been missing for more than 24 hours. Definitely not one easily under influence...

so what does the hotel say? or where does he live?

1 minute ago, PPVisitor said:

rented bungalows

sign with phone number?

@NCC1701A He was staying at one of the rented bungalows, not sure who's the owner so can't get info. Besides, I'm rather afraid to be asking around just in case there's foul play

@NCC1701AI have his phone number. But not reachable. Tried other mediums as well, but still incommunicado. Been more than 24 hours actually. Getting increasingly worried, cos so out of character for him

@NCC1701A He was staying at one of the rented bungalows, not sure who's the owner so can't get info. Besides, I'm rather afraid to be asking around just in case there's foul play

are you traveling together?

How much does a door lock cost ?? 

If you are genuinely worried, kick the door in and deal with the consequences later. Just make sure it's the right bungalow...

@NCC1701AI have his phone number. But not reachable. Tried other mediums as well, but still incommunicado. Been more than 24 hours actually. Getting increasingly worried, cos so out of character for him

go to the nearest police station and make them come to the bungalows. 

• Like 2

@NCC1701ANot at the same time, he got here first and I came later. Staying at different places. Saw him right before he went incommunicado. Not the party kind so definitely not the case of phone missing, oversleeping etc. Even if phone went missing, he's still got his computer with him which he can log on to FB, Instagram etc but not reachable via those mediums either.

@cornishcarlos I am more than worried. Just afraid that the bungalow people are on it in case of foul play. Cos the bungalows look hell sketchy