Register/Cancel AIS/True

Lammbock

Hello,

I want to change my ISP from True Online to AIS Fibre. 

Do I have to cancel the True online service first so the line will be free or can I register for AIS Fibre get it all setup by the AIS technician and later on go to True and cancel the service and return the router? 

Cheers

Lammbock 

Unless you live in a high rise condo where where your internet connection is provided by DSL/phone wiring in the wall (no other way to provide it), you could have the AIS Fibre line installed as it would be a separate line going to you residence. 

Now if the only way to get internet to your condo is via that DSL/phone wiring in the wall, you would probably need to cancel True first and then get AIS to connect to the DSL/phone line going to your condo.  Basically the last X-meters of the fibre connection is via DSL...which also means the fastest plan you will get will be something under 100Mb speed.

If you live in a highrise and if AIS Fibre services that building they may only be providing fibre to the ground floor of the building (like a communications services room)....from that ground floor location the incoming fibre signal is converted to a DSL signal and they feed to your condo on the Xth floor.  

If you live in a house and if AIS Fibre services you area they could install before you cancel with True as the fibre line would be separate from True's line.

And be sure to confirm if  AIS services your building/house before you do anything.  All ISPs don't service all areas....you might only have one ISP choice...or maybe two....or maybe three.....etc.    

Not sure about building standards in Thailand, but in the west they usually have existing conduit for running additional cables to individual units.  So they are able to add fiber service in most existing buildings.

11 hours ago, lapd said:

Not sure about building standards in Thailand, but in the west they usually have existing conduit for running additional cables to individual units.  So they are able to add fiber service in most existing buildings.

Only if building management allows.  

AIS Fibre as well as 3BB Fibre and True Fibre all available in my condominium building. 

I checked the AIS website to confirm my location and building to make sure Fibre is available. All well.

Couple years ago when the True technician came to my condo to setup the router he laid a white cable from somewhere on my floor into my flat. I am already having 100/30 mb/s connection and it works well. But I guess this is not Fibre but cable connection, isn't it? 

Based on this information do you think I need to cancel the True service first or can I just go ahead and get AIS to setup everything and later cancel True? Perhaps the AIS technician also needs to lay a new cable into my flat? 

Sounds 

1 hour ago, Lammbock said:

Couple years ago when the True technician came to my condo to setup the router he laid a white cable from somewhere on my floor into my flat. I am already having 100/30 mb/s connection and it works well. But I guess this is not Fibre but cable connection, isn't it? 

Since you say it's a round white cable and if the cable is about diameter of a pencil, then you have a cable (DOCSIS) connection. 

AIS Fibre would not use that cable as they only run fibre or fibre+DSL connections....either fibre all the way to your router or fibre to your building with the final X-meters run up the building floors to your residence via DSL/phone line.

Sounds like you could have AIS install their line/connection and you continue to use True if desired.

Archived