New smoking law effective Feb 3rd

johnmell

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Quite surprising then that bars do get closed down for breaking rules and laws

And you and I and everyone else knows how selective that is, either due to idleness by the police or donations made. For example how legal are all the street bars along Sukhumvit, do you think?

6 minutes ago, mike324 said:

Did they actually pass the law yet? I know it says it will be official on February 3 last year. I wasn't reading the news the past few days, can't find any info online too, don't know if its official yet or not.

90 days from the 6th November 2018

Speaking of bars and nightclubs and excuse my ignorance on this matter as I haven't been to any nightclubs or bars in Thailand for some years now is it true that because alcohol can't be served after midnight, nightclubs, previously allowed to stay open until 2am can now only remain open until midnight? If so, nightlife in Thailand has just been killed off. In Siem Reap, nightclubs stay open until like 4am. Thailand stopped being cool, if what I suspect to be true is confirmed. I think even in Singapore you can buy alcohol and go clubbing after midnight.

5 hours ago, Tomtomtom69 said:

Speaking of bars and nightclubs and excuse my ignorance on this matter as I haven't been to any nightclubs or bars in Thailand for some years now is it true that because alcohol can't be served after midnight, nightclubs, previously allowed to stay open until 2am can now only remain open until midnight? If so, nightlife in Thailand has just been killed off. In Siem Reap, nightclubs stay open until like 4am. Thailand stopped being cool, if what I suspect to be true is confirmed. I think even in Singapore you can buy alcohol and go clubbing after midnight.

It depends on the zoning.  Midnight many places, 1am some, RCA (and some others) 2am I believe.

Singapore you can't buy alcohol in a shop after 10.30pm.  Nightclubs open late though.

Archived