General drops out of politics after Junta backlash

snoop1130

General drops out of politics after Junta backlash

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

00252503-696x489.jpg

In an image published by the military, Gen. Yosanant Raicharoen (seated) posed for a photo Dec. 19, 2017, with military officers under his command at the Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy.

BANGKOK — A former deputy commander of the Thai armed forces has resigned from a party running in the March 24 election, a party official said Tuesday.

Gen. Yosanant Raicharoen cited “personal reasons” for tendering his resignation, according to Thai Raksa Chart spokesman Pongkasem Satayaprasert. He would not elaborate on the explanation.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2019/02/05/general-drops-out-of-politics-after-junta-backlash/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2019-02-05

But he drew backlash from deputy junta chairman Prawit Wongsuwan on Nov. 21 after Yosanant publicly criticized the military government.

“Very inappropriate. Very inappropriate,” Prawit told reporters at the time. “I’m very disappointed.”

"...and on my watch, too!"

14 hours ago, stud858 said:

A coup is when military as a part of society takes control of society.

What is it called when a group (soldiers for example) as part of a military take over a military?

Could that happen you think?

It is usually called 'mutiny', but sometimes called a 'People's Popular Uprising'.  Remember that Thailand is still a monarchy.

22 hours ago, kannot said:

the  world  couldnt  give a flying.............fart

And the Thais will tell you they don't care about the world. But then when criticism surfaces they become offended for obvious deficiencies being pointed out. 

On 2/5/2019 at 8:22 PM, stud858 said:

A coup is when military as a part of society takes control of society.

What is it called when a group (soldiers for example) as part of a military take over a military?

Could that happen you think?

it's a coup coup ….  and it is not beyond the realms possibility  

I read something today regarding who a certain red party will be putting forward as their nomination for PM.

if it is true then it will absolutely blow the lid off everything but yet no one will be able to do anything about it (or criticize it hint hint)...said candidate will be certain to win in a complete and total landslide (to not vote for said candidate could almost be considered illegal).

i still cannot believe anything as audacious as this could ever happen but at the same time I somehow believe it might.

it would be the master stroke to end all master strokes...if it happens then I guarantee it will blow your mind...I thought this was the coup to end all coups but if this transpired then I will of been wrong.

watch out...we will know by Friday..wait for the whole Thai world to be turned upside down.

• 2 weeks later...

One way of looking at a military coup in LOS is that it is one way for the crown parties to meddle in politics at a distance with total deniability.  Another is to curtail the democratic process from being subverted by economic actors (foreign or domestic) for excessive personal gain, something which rarely happens in the West.  Yet another is the Marxist view of authoritarians exploiting their power to the detriment of the People. 

If politics excites you, I suggest forming a Pastafarian Religious Party in Liberland.  If it upsets you, you might want to ignore it altogether, since the only ones who can affect politics are the rich and powerful.

Archived