Changes at Muang Ake 1

JAS21

I mentioned previously that the ownership has changed.

Today we played ... first time since December. Big changes are in progress...

Basically the course is been made somewhat longer, many new greens being built. Also no more sports days although I believe there is 100thb green fee reduction on Mondays and possibly Wednesdays as well. Previously the Monday start was 9am but that is now as per other days at 6:30am. 

It is looking as though it will end up a really good course and certainly not easy as it is now!... I hear the figure of 50M thb banded about as what is been spent on the total improvements! Maybe our two membership shares will increase in value ... their price hasn't changed since they were bought in 2007. 

Caddie suggested that if we want to play reasonably early avoid Tuesdays and Thursdays as several slow playing four balls play at that time... as we found out today!

Edited by JAS21

• 2 weeks later...

Played there on Saturday. I must say it was very annoying that there was no price reduction seeing as over half the holes had temporary greens and work going on around them. Felt like playing on a building site at times with all the commotion. 

Only positive is that it was very quiet as I am assuming all the regulars knew about the work. 

I hope with all the work going on the prices aren't going to increase a lot as for 1400 on a weekend it is a great price. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2019 at 8:11 AM, BobbyL said:

Played there on Saturday. I must say it was very annoying that there was no price reduction seeing as over half the holes had temporary greens and work going on around them. Felt like playing on a building site at times with all the commotion. 

Only positive is that it was very quiet as I am assuming all the regulars knew about the work. 

I hope with all the work going on the prices aren't going to increase a lot as for 1400 on a weekend it is a great price. 

We are now playing there every Mon-Wed-Fri and yes a lot of work is going on. Many holes are on temps ... did you not think their quality was better than original and faster ... all the greens will be replaced ... the marker posts have been reset. 

It will end up a first class course and the greens will be set at 13!!

At a meeting in December the owner asked those attending their opinion about charging members a 200thb green fee. So, yes ..no doubt the green fee will increase.

At 6:30am today there was a queue for hole #1 ... so we asked if we could play the 2nd nine first and there was no one in front ... when we went to play the 1st 9 again no one held us up. Lucky lucky as I saw some fives playing ...

I am surprised that Saturday was quite ...might try it in that case.

• 2 months later...

Update ... the new restaurant is now open, pretty smart aswell ... new caterers are a huge improvement and food is good value ... it opens at 6am.

Still plenty of redesigning going on but not really a problem ... looks like the course will be really impressive when finished.

On 5/15/2019 at 9:49 PM, JAS21 said:

Update ... the new restaurant is now open, pretty smart aswell ... new caterers are a huge improvement and food is good value ... it opens at 6am.

Still plenty of redesigning going on but not really a problem ... looks like the course will be really impressive when finished.

Yeah I agree. We were there last weekend and it is looking good. Any idea if there will be a substantial price increase? 

Edited by BobbyL

• 1 month later...

No rise yet, guess waiting until it is finished  ... one new green is already in play ... wow ... fast and interesting! ...two more will come on in the next couple of days.

The whole course is looking far far better that a few weeks ago ...

On 7/15/2019 at 7:45 PM, JAS21 said:

No rise yet, guess waiting until it is finished  ... one new green is already in play ... wow ... fast and interesting! ...two more will come on in the next couple of days.

The whole course is looking far far better that a few weeks ago ...

It certainly is. We played there on Saturday, and despite it being far busier than previous months (huge groups of Thais and Japanese playing), the course is looking very good.