BANGKOK
jayjay2001

Something disgusting I saw at Curve Mall (although it was not surprising), leaving me to question why (?)

that's nothing,  the food servers at big c foodcourt pick their noses and roll the bogies 

• Haha 1

What on earth has this to do with bathroom hygiene.

A bit of sugar and msg will do you no harm . 
A bit every day will do harm.
These days I buy pork chicken fish from Tesco and cooky myself
. No msg or a scary amount of sugar.. And I wash my hands

Wow. What a bunch of pussies.

A few germs on your plate, a little sh1t in your food.

And yet the cr@p you pollute your minds with is unspeakable.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Have gone to many public restrooms and found myself in a bit of a pickle...no paper...no sprayer...and a dirty butt...Now carry paper from home everywhere I go.

These same people leave the toilet and go food shopping where they handle displayed foods with unclean hands.  Yikes!

Your last paragraph , I like the baguettes in Big C , I don't know if it helps but I buy the ones in a wrapper , Thais love to touch stuff , give the bread a squeeze , 10 more come past and give the bread a squeeze , end of the day it has been reduced in price and is now flat from all those hand giving it a grope.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

Can you older ones remember 40yrs ago when you were a kid,...what modern hygiene facilities were there.....wooden handled bog pull chains, no anti bacterial, Izal tracing paper that slid beautifully, no soap or dispensor soap.....

....and still we survived without complications :whistling:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, CanuckThai said:

Take it a step further, how many hospitals or hospital restrooms have soap or anti bacterial hand cleanser.   It's a western thing

Even in Burger King (yes that Western expensive thing) there's no place to wash your hands! But they don't offer you any cutlery!

So i clean my hands the Thai way, stick every finger deep in my nose before devouring them burgers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Your last paragraph , I like the baguettes in Big C , I don't know if it helps but I buy the ones in a wrapper , Thais love to touch stuff , give the bread a squeeze , 10 more come past and give the bread a squeeze , end of the day it has been reduced in price and is now flat from all those hand giving it a grope.
Dead right. They pick up meat from the trays at Tesco with their hands and inspect it before dropping it and walking away

They need staff to slap them and they may stop one day,!
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Yes; especially after living in Asia for nine years !

Ummm... maybe you need to reread my original post.  The post is not about me not having soap with me; it's about the mall not having soap in it's bathrooms.

11 hours ago, madmen said:

Simple request "no sugar" failed most of the time

Just an idea , you could try to learn a few basic Thai phrases.   

No sugar is "Mai Aow Nam Tam" .

Edited by balo

Just an idea , you could try to learn a few basic Thai phrases.   

No sugar is "Mai Aow Nam Tam" .

This is central world food court in Pattaya where they speak English. As I mentioned already the guy taking the order says " no sugar" in English to his staff. They Just brain dead

If I was in isaan then yes I would say it in thai it's not rocket science, just a few words

• Like 1

My wife has a purse equal to most people's carry on bags and she always has sanitary wipes, when in doubt she uses them on tableware, utensils my shirt, whatever. Don't expect restaurants or restaurant employees to meet your standards.

Edited by oldrunner
word spacing
  • Like 1

Mai Aow Nam Tam

Huh?  "I don't want cave water"  🙂

Whatever

jeez if you think that's bad better get on the next kerosene carney and head for ever you came from 

12 hours ago, AlexRich said:

If you knew what went on in kitchens around the world, fast food to highly regarded restaurants, you'd never eat out again. 

I do, and  I don't.