Something disgusting I saw at Curve Mall (although it was not surprising), leaving me to question why (?)

jayjay2001

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, timendres said:

Wow. What a bunch of pussies.

A few germs on your plate, a little sh1t in your food.

And yet the cr@p you pollute your minds with is unspeakable.

I've seen the state of many toilets in Thailand and they often resemble a slaughterhouse.

I often wonder how local folk get on with these hole in the floor toilets and little bowls of water, scooped out from another tank which is also infected with faeces, because I believe they have to use their fingers to get into their crevices to scoop out any remaining matter, and some must accumulate under the fingernails, only for them to go back to work serving food somewhere or another.

One reason I won't ever eat from food carts and why I also cook my own food on most occasions, 
as the general hygiene standards here are appalling, unless overseen/built/maintained by a foreigner.

1 hour ago, casmeri said:

Origins are in education.  No soap is provided in school bathrooms.

Yes, that would/could be a contributing factor, but it just changes my original question to asking about schools (versus places like malls and restaurants) on why basic hygiene supplies aren't provided.

Again:

--Is it because of a lack of money?

--Is it because of a lack of care and concern for public health?

--Is it simply ignorance that this is a health concern (which would be hard to believe)?

--Is it because there is no oversight by a regulatory body such as health departments in the Western world? 

--Is it all or some of the above?

Archived