UK Visa For GF

Best agency is yourself, research and thorough good application all that really needed. seen some with no real money get visa purely as got half a brain and not looking like usual suspects while some with good finances failed as poor document effort and poor interview from basics of sensible clothes and manner . IMO spending money on agent is a complete waste ...

I would not use an agent for this - you (he) should be ok doing it. But, does not state how long a relationship and many visits he made to her, children , her work, her living arrangements, her previous applications for visa. Maybe agent can help, maybe not. All may be considered before granting a visa. I have to try a get a visa for my wife and kiddy to come UK in June for a holiday, I hope I will be ok, Married 4 years, she's a school teacher, child, house owner and a security of around 18k quid in the bank - but you never know what way the decision will go.

29 minutes ago, BuckBee said:

Best agency is yourself, research and thorough good application all that really needed. seen some with no real money get visa purely as got half a brain and not looking like usual suspects while some with good finances failed as poor document effort and poor interview from basics of sensible clothes and manner . IMO spending money on agent is a complete waste ...

But isn't that a good reason to use an agent, he would have a better idea what was needed and helped them correct whatever they were doing wrong.

5 hours ago, BLACKJACK2 said:

But isn't that a good reason to use an agent, he would have a better idea what was needed and helped them correct whatever they were doing wrong.

You'll probably find that posters on this forum, many of who will have recently been through the process, would also have a good idea of what's required, the details are actually on the VFS and UKVI websites and outlined in the pinned topic at the top of this forum.
Your friends girlfriend needs to demonstrate that her proposed trip is genuine, affordable and that, on the balance of probabilities, she will return home at the conclusion of her trip.
If she doesn't envisage any problems then an agent isn't really required, a good agent would tell her that, if I was going to recommend and agent in Pattaya it would be Thai Visa Express, I wouldn't recommend any others, she needs to bear in mind that even using an agent she would still need to supply all the supporting evidence  and travel to Bangkok.
Maybe your friend and/or his girlfriend could post any concerns on this forum, I'm sure meaningful advice would follow. 

On 2/6/2019 at 4:02 AM, BuckBee said:

Absolutely.

It does seem to be a reoccurring theme with people who have mentioned rejections have actually used agencies. All the info to submit is online and as long as you aren't hiding anything and it doesn't seem suspicious there shouldn't be any problem. 

We have done 5 UK (including a Tier 4), 3 Schengens and 1 USA all without any issues at all. 

• 3 weeks later...

I just received a refusal in respect of my gf's application for a UK Visit Visa. The reason for refusal was "not a genuine visitor who intends to leave at the end of the visit".  Specifically, that she receives money from me and that she is not self-sufficient from her job and renting her land.  It is hard to see how we can get around that objection. Their only suggestion was she first travel to another country with strict immigration and then the UK would admit her.

Archived