Chonburi: Man killed after being electrocuted ‘charging phone while using earphones to listen to music’

webfact

5 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

I recently bought this cheap USB cable from AliExpress that I use to recharge my Xiaomi phone.

It might depend more on the charger or laptop you plug the other end into. Think what is between you and the mains power is the key. If you plug the large USB into a good quality device I expect everything will be good. Although, don't use the phone while charging and stick your tongue in a bucket of water (metal bucket). 

• 2 months later...

I had a small shower/ multipoint when I had the house built in 2012. After a while it would trip on the high setting, sometimes at the shower, but mostly at the consumer unit. Then it started tripping even on medium setting then on low.
I tried the test trip on the shower, all ok.
I got the original electrician in, who after a while said the shower needed replacing.
I was completely unconvinced, mainly because it was tripping at the consumer unit.
I got another guy in who found the feed to the breaker had twisted wires which had become loose. Gut feel and second opinion! All ok after 10 mins.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 2/6/2019 at 8:08 AM, Arjen said:

This has nothing to do with being grounded/having earth connection.

A modern MDB should have a a RCB or something similars. They open when there is a leakage to ground. A wire/extension cord catching fire is caused by overload. It is possible because low quality, production failure, damage. Can also be caused by the appliance you plug in, or the wall outlet where you plug it in. In this case it is wise to check the function from your RCB by pushing the "test" button.

If there's a RCB ????

I bought a plug and phone charging cable at a convenience store in Krabi.

At my hotel I borrowed an extension cord and put it on the bed, then plugged in the charger.

The plug that the USB goes into sparked and self destructed.

A few sparks landed on the sheet and burned tiny holes in it.

I was probably naked and it would have been bad if sparks had landed on my groin area.

Or if I was asleep. Or had left the room while it was charging and the bed caught fire. Or had earpods plugged in.

On 2/5/2019 at 11:54 PM, YetAnother said:

this happened in a civilized country and you couldnt count the resultant lawsuits

won't get much out of a of an Ebay seller who imports cheap knockoffs from China, and hell will China do anything about those companies who put CE, BS kitemarks and UL logos on their products and do not even know what they stand for.

Archived