Pope says he is committed to stopping sexual abuse of nuns

webfact

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Zeus and Krishna is gods among those who come from cultures who believe in those religions. In another place or in an another time, that would have been your gods to. 

Talk to a Muslim, and they will tell you Jesus was not the Son of God, simply one of the pantheon of holy men. The wheel keeps turning.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

This form of argument is as old as Christianity itself. It's one of the dishonest forms of debate, attacking the person instead of their statement. It's called argument ad hominem.

As a believer, you wouldn't want to be dishonest, would you?

Actually I was attacking the statement. It also happened to come from an unwise individual.

4 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

Actually I was attacking the statement. It also happened to come from an unwise individual.

Here's what you wrote:

"As the saying goes.... "with age comes wisdom". Apparently not so in your case."

Whatever religion you subscribe to clearly doesn't endorse honesty.

9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Talk to a Muslim, and they will tell you Jesus was not the Son of God, simply one of the pantheon of holy men. The wheel keeps turning.

Well, if there is a god, we all are sons of the god, and muslims reckon Jesus as an prophet. 

6 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Here's what you wrote:

"As the saying goes.... "with age comes wisdom". Apparently not so in your case."

Whatever religion you subscribe to clearly doesn't endorse honesty.

OK Bristol. Let me repeat, the MESSAGE was an unwise one. If you want to include the messenger it's up to you. Have a marvelous day.

44 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Zeus and Krishna is gods among those who come from cultures who believe in those religions. In another place or in an another time, that would have been your gods to. 

Not true at all and don't speak for me as to who I would believe to be the true God. Some worshiped a golden calf amongst other silly "idols". Don't put me in that camp please.

30 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

OK Bristol. Let me repeat, the MESSAGE was an unwise one. If you want to include the messenger it's up to you. Have a marvelous day.

Some people honestly acknowledge when they err.

"Apparently, not so in your case."

I guess I haven't just made a personal comment.

On 2/6/2019 at 10:52 AM, ross163103 said:

I guess this just shows not all priests are gay......whewwww, what a relief! Takes some of the pressure off the altar boys.

For all the catholics out there....I'm being sarcastic.

I don't think there are many Catholics on TVForum. There are a couple of Jews and a few Christians, one Muslim and half a dozen Buddhists. The Jedis seem to be growing in number but the atheists are way out in front in the number stakes.

IMO.

20 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

Not true at all and don't speak for me as to who I would believe to be the true God. Some worshiped a golden calf amongst other silly "idols". Don't put me in that camp please.

So if you lived in a culture where the golden calv was worshipped, how would you know about your god? Seriosly ????

On 2/6/2019 at 6:12 AM, Samui Bodoh said:

Why is there not an international criminal investigation of the Catholic Church?

How to investigate God's representatives on earth? laughable - a lot believe it to be true.

How many times has it been proven the Vatican is used for money laundering.

What secrets are locked away in the vaults of the Vatican?

Why indeed? think you know the answer though :wink:

23 minutes ago, CGW said:

How to investigate God's representatives on earth? laughable - a lot believe it to be true.

How many times has it been proven the Vatican is used for money laundering.

What secrets are locked away in the vaults of the Vatican?

Why indeed? think you know the answer though :wink:

The Borgias, is one of many good stories about times in the Vatikan, based on real history. Drama of course, but still

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Borgias_(2011_TV_series)

There is two tv series about the Borgias. 

Must admit that I don't have much time for the nuns concerned as they were adults, and so entirely capable of thinking 'hang on a minute, something seriously wrong here!' - walking away, and reporting the abuse to the media.

I've even less time for the pope who has been (and still is) in a position to sack the priests responsible for the child and nun abuse - but prefers to concentrate on closing an order of nuns......

How many priests have been sacked for child abuse?

2 hours ago, faraday said:

Can't post the joke about 2 Nuns in the bath though, can I?

Don't want no ban hammer a comin' down, so I won't.

????

Clean joke! I'm sure it's the one you were thinking of.

Two nuns in the bath together. One says, "have you seen the soap?" "Yes, dear! Do you want it?" "NO, not after it's been in your <deleted>" "Don't worry dear, it's in the soap holder."

7 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

And you know this how? You appear to have a selective definition of wisdom. Permit me to doubt yours is the only version available.

7 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

Some are right in their beliefs and some are wrong. Be sure you are right.

I'm interested in your certainty you are right. What proof are you offering, apart from a few minatory statements?

6 hours ago, HuskerDo said:

Why not? Do you have a picture of the Virgin Mary or a crucifix on one of your walls? What difference is there?

6 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I don't think there are many Catholics on TVForum. There are a couple of Jews and a few Christians, one Muslim and half a dozen Buddhists. The Jedis seem to be growing in number but the atheists are way out in front in the number stakes.

IMO.

You forgot the pagans. They actually have the temerity to believe in what they can see and feel.

11 hours ago, Hummin said:

Odin, Zeus, Jupiter, Aton.  Yahweh. God. Allah. Isn't it strange how every religion proclaims itself as the one true path, and superior to all others? Shiites and Sunnis. Southern Baptists, Mormons and Amish. You can't all be right.

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Odin, Zeus, Jupiter, Aton.  Yahweh. God. Allah. Isn't it strange how every religion proclaims itself as the one true path, and superior to all others? Shiites and Sunnis. Southern Baptists, Mormons and Amish. You can't all be right.

They're all right in their own way, in their own little worlds. Each one has its own true path to its own dream.

It's kept them all happy for centuries, they don't want enlightening.

I don't get it - I managed to go through my whole atheist life without ever...

- sexually assaulting anyone

- having sex with minors

And I have not benefited from the 'moral compass' given by a religion.

Archived