New retirement extension rules forces expat, 90, to leave Thailand

webfact

45 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Try taking your money out then and do it the easy ride way! Guess not!

Why? it doesn't apply to me? (i guess you didn't read the whole post before doing the "get out if you don like it.. blah blah blah" Snooze.... boring!!!)

A person can comment on something being unfair and illogical without it applying, you know. Not everyone lives by the Thai Mantra of "ME ME ME!"

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TheMacMan said:

Why? it doesn't apply to me? (i guess you didn't read the whole post before doing the "get out if you don like it.. blah blah blah" Snooze.... boring!!!)

A person can comment on something being unfair and illogical without it applying, you know. Not everyone lives by the Thai Mantra of "ME ME ME!"

Why post you have cars money houses condo maids nannies then.I think ME rates pretty high in your list of priorities and I don’t recall saying get out blah etc.  This forum has plenty of Same Same comments from the likes of you and do zero to progress the issues affecting the likes of ME!

3 hours ago, TheMacMan said:

Yep that is true,, but NO, the actual rules STILL make no sense!

....So why allow the poor people to stay by just bringing in 65k per month?

No bank lock-in? No money permanently on deposit?

just bring money in and spend it all, and all while only just meeting the requirements!?

I have 2 villas and a condo, brand new cars, maid, gardeners, nanny..... and yet if I leave 800k in the bank I cannot touch some of it  (the money is not the issue for me, I meet the requirements) - this is not fair to many people that actually have money on deposit with the bank/government - they are being treated less-fairly than the poorer people!

The upside-down and back-to front-rules are unfair!  They penalise the more wealthy, lock-up their money but let the 'cheap-charlies' in with no penalties, at just 65k a month!)

These rules take no account of maybe having 800k in the bank, a house, a car, a wife, time and money invested in a life in Thailand - which can amount to way more than the basic minimum !

BUT HEY! - make things tougher for those on the edge of the new criteria (not me!) but welcome with NO restrictions those that just have their 65k per month, rent lodgings, no car, no property, no money on deposit - ????? Sorry if you cannot see this, but for me, the principle is still the same - they are punishing the people that actually have money in the banks and Thai system but give the people living month-by-month an easy ride!

This falls under First World Problems: https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/first-world-problems

Oh I almost forgot... #2 shines  https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=First World Problems

4 hours ago, Olmate said:

Why post you have cars money houses condo maids nannies then.I think ME rates pretty high in your list of priorities and I don’t recall saying get out blah etc.  This forum has plenty of Same Same comments from the likes of you and do zero to progress the issues affecting the likes of ME!

blah blah blah Snooze......  another person who wants to mouth off but can't stand logic and criticism....       (says in kiddy voice) "You started it!"   ????

I don't like the immigration rules just like I don't like the idea we ALL die one day. However, it is a "privilege" to be here as it is even for me to hold a passport of my country.  Read the back of your passport ie, Canada or USA.  The passport states: it is the property of the government and can be revoked or cancelled.  Basically, it's eminent domain status.  Don't believe me.  Don't.  But read it! The only guarantee in life is death! And you dont even get to keep the body.  Heck if we throw religion into it, your soul is borrowed; you're GOD (whoever/whatever it is) decides where to send you.  You still don't like what I have to say...call my lawyer!

21 minutes ago, TheMacMan said:

blah blah blah Snooze......  another person who wants to mouth off but can't stand logic and criticism....       (says in kiddy voice) "You started it!"   ????

Your not joking with the voice bit! If you say your hard done by don’t ask for my “poor bugger you” and better luck with your next claim to flame!

28 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Your not joking with the voice bit! If you say your hard done by don’t ask for my “poor bugger you” and better luck with your next claim to flame!

Well stated!  Life can suck...now suck it up, put the big boy pants on, and get over it...nobody is getting out of it alive - we all die!  As some would say...grow some large testicles...????

8 minutes ago, mike787 said:

Well stated!  Life can suck...now suck it up, put the big boy pants on, and get over it...nobody is getting out of it alive - we all die!  As some would say...grow some large testicles...????

That’s up to you big fella!

Once again...."forced to" and "have to" mean something quite different to me and I never once said "forced to".  Yes, for me, it is my choice (have to) because I feel it unwise to have big money in a bank in Thailand which is currently under military rule, which may or may not change the rules again if it remains and then chooses to make further changes. I have no relatives or heirs here, so should I leave 800,000 or 400,000 baht and a 'nest egg' to the Thai Government when I die?  In addition, all the time I've comfortably lived here, my monthly expenses have never reached 65,000 baht per month.  That baht 'build-up' could also go to the Thai Government.  Getting money into Thailand, for me, has been easy.  Getting it out of Thailand, not so.  Also, for those who said I should go "home", I do not have a "home" to go to.  Think about it? The word, "home", is a very precious word that most of you enjoy.  However, some of us do not have that luxury or that choice.  Please don't be so pompous about it.

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2019 at 1:35 PM, Jingthing said:

Pay attention, dude. Reports already in before the official start of this that corrupt agents have ALREADY figured out how to play this new game, for much HIGHER FEES of course.

Don't be naïve and sucked into the propaganda. 
If the real intention was to go after the corruption food chain (which involves three types of people) there were much betterWhatever ways.

Surgical going directly towards the corrupt players rather than burn down the forest variety.

The impact here is to basically punish people that have been following the rules without resorting to joining the corruption food chain. 

Whatever, kindly don't "Pay attention dude" to me. It's just arrogant. 

Oh, maybe they'll force me out, leave my 4 dogs and SO behind. Won't be the first time I've picked up sticks and moved, and then recreated what I had before in a new place. It does get harder though, as you get older.

2 hours ago, nausea said:

Oh, maybe they'll force me out, leave my 4 dogs and SO behind. Won't be the first time I've picked up sticks and moved, and then recreated what I had before in a new place. It does get harder though, as you get older.

If you could live comfortably here before and could satisfy the old immigration rules, you can live comfortably here now and satisfy the new immigration rules.

65k baht/month for someone who has lived here for a number of years, you can live well.

On 2/19/2019 at 11:01 AM, Olmate said:

....So why allow the poor people to stay by just bringing in 65k per month?

Rich or poor we are at the end of the day all the same.

No matter what the monetary value of a person. Some categorized as Poor built houses, supported spouse and family, put kids through school, paid off all the expensive items needed for a household.  Knowing someday they’ll be living off let’s call it the planned government retirement whatever each country calls it.

They’ll be able to get by on the limited income and hopefully when

the children are old enough they’ll help out showing their

appreciation for what was done for them. 

I think it should be looked at two different ways. 1) 65k month and contributed nothing but for self needs abused the income documents etc. 

2) 65k month people who have made a home, took care of there Thai family, Gave all they could. They shouldn’t be ran out of town on a rail.

Especially in the Northeast there Thai families struggling to get by.

In cases like this boot the 65k month people that supported families. Some of not most of the farmers in Northeast would 

have difficulty paying electric, water and food. 

Don't misunderstand there are some weeds that need to be and should be pulled but we should keep the lawn it’s the foundation and strength of some families. 

My my mother is 86 years old forced to retire as a factory worker

basically because the were concerned working 8 hours a day 5 days 

a week would be too much for a person of her age. She supported 

herself no husband in the later years. 

Her house, car are all paid off and she lives off Social Security. I’d assume she gets less because the pay wasn’t the best as a factory worker ... she loved working. My point there a very good people that all these things should be considered.

And there are others that should get a swift kick...

• 4 months later...
On 2/6/2019 at 10:59 AM, stanleycoin said:

Not very often  :giggle:

My local I.O. Sakhon Nakh

On 2/6/2019 at 10:59 AM, stanleycoin said:

Not very often  :giggle:

on are all smiles when I visit,don't know what the good Wife tells them about me??

Good crack and always joking,btw 20yrs Anniversary next week,luv it

Archived