BANGKOK 22 March 2019 21:42
webfact

New retirement extension rules forces expat, 90, to leave Thailand

15 minutes ago, TheMacMan said:

Yep that is true,, but NO, the actual rules STILL make no sense!

....So why allow the poor people to stay by just bringing in 65k per month?

No bank lock-in? No money permanently on deposit?

just bring money in and spend it all, and all while only just meeting the requirements!?

I have 2 villas and a condo, brand new cars, maid, gardeners, nanny..... and yet if I leave 800k in the bank I cannot touch some of it  (the money is not the issue for me, I meet the requirements) - this is not fair to many people that actually have money on deposit with the bank/government - they are being treated less-fairly than the poorer people!

The upside-down and back-to front-rules are unfair!  They penalise the more wealthy, lock-up their money but let the 'cheap-charlies' in with no penalties, at just 65k a month!)

These rules take no account of maybe having 800k in the bank, a house, a car, a wife, time and money invested in a life in Thailand - which can amount to way more than the basic minimum !

BUT HEY! - make things tougher for those on the edge of the new criteria (not me!) but welcome with NO restrictions those that just have their 65k per month, rent lodgings, no car, no property, no money on deposit - ????? Sorry if you cannot see this, but for me, the principle is still the same - they are punishing the people that actually have money in the banks and Thai system but give the people living month-by-month an easy ride!

Try taking your money out then and do it the easy ride way! Guess not!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Try taking your money out then and do it the easy ride way! Guess not!

Why? it doesn't apply to me? (i guess you didn't read the whole post before doing the "get out if you don like it.. blah blah blah" Snooze.... boring!!!)

A person can comment on something being unfair and illogical without it applying, you know. Not everyone lives by the Thai Mantra of "ME ME ME!"

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, TheMacMan said:

Yep that is true,, but NO, the actual rules STILL make no sense!

....So why allow the poor people to stay by just bringing in 65k per month?

No bank lock-in? No money permanently on deposit?

just bring money in and spend it all, and all while only just meeting the requirements!?

I have 2 villas and a condo, brand new cars, maid, gardeners, nanny..... and yet if I leave 800k in the bank I cannot touch some of it  (the money is not the issue for me, I meet the requirements) - this is not fair to many people that actually have money on deposit with the bank/government - they are being treated less-fairly than the poorer people!

The upside-down and back-to front-rules are unfair!  They penalise the more wealthy, lock-up their money but let the 'cheap-charlies' in with no penalties, at just 65k a month!)

These rules take no account of maybe having 800k in the bank, a house, a car, a wife, time and money invested in a life in Thailand - which can amount to way more than the basic minimum !

BUT HEY! - make things tougher for those on the edge of the new criteria (not me!) but welcome with NO restrictions those that just have their 65k per month, rent lodgings, no car, no property, no money on deposit - ????? Sorry if you cannot see this, but for me, the principle is still the same - they are punishing the people that actually have money in the banks and Thai system but give the people living month-by-month an easy ride!

This falls under First World Problems: https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/first-world-problems

Oh I almost forgot... #2 shines  https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=First World Problems

Edited by jmd8800
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Olmate said:

Why post you have cars money houses condo maids nannies then.I think ME rates pretty high in your list of priorities and I don’t recall saying get out blah etc.  This forum has plenty of Same Same comments from the likes of you and do zero to progress the issues affecting the likes of ME!

blah blah blah Snooze......  another person who wants to mouth off but can't stand logic and criticism....       (says in kiddy voice) "You started it!"   😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't like the immigration rules just like I don't like the idea we ALL die one day. However, it is a "privilege" to be here as it is even for me to hold a passport of my country.  Read the back of your passport ie, Canada or USA.  The passport states: it is the property of the government and can be revoked or cancelled.  Basically, it's eminent domain status.  Don't believe me.  Don't.  But read it! The only guarantee in life is death! And you dont even get to keep the body.  Heck if we throw religion into it, your soul is borrowed; you're GOD (whoever/whatever it is) decides where to send you.  You still don't like what I have to say...call my lawyer!

21 minutes ago, TheMacMan said:

blah blah blah Snooze......  another person who wants to mouth off but can't stand logic and criticism....       (says in kiddy voice) "You started it!"   😂

Your not joking with the voice bit! If you say your hard done by don’t ask for my “poor bugger you” and better luck with your next claim to flame!

28 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Your not joking with the voice bit! If you say your hard done by don’t ask for my “poor bugger you” and better luck with your next claim to flame!

Well stated!  Life can suck...now suck it up, put the big boy pants on, and get over it...nobody is getting out of it alive - we all die!  As some would say...grow some large testicles...🤨

8 minutes ago, mike787 said:

Well stated!  Life can suck...now suck it up, put the big boy pants on, and get over it...nobody is getting out of it alive - we all die!  As some would say...grow some large testicles...🤨

That’s up to you big fella!

Once again...."forced to" and "have to" mean something quite different to me and I never once said "forced to".  Yes, for me, it is my choice (have to) because I feel it unwise to have big money in a bank in Thailand which is currently under military rule, which may or may not change the rules again if it remains and then chooses to make further changes. I have no relatives or heirs here, so should I leave 800,000 or 400,000 baht and a 'nest egg' to the Thai Government when I die?  In addition, all the time I've comfortably lived here, my monthly expenses have never reached 65,000 baht per month.  That baht 'build-up' could also go to the Thai Government.  Getting money into Thailand, for me, has been easy.  Getting it out of Thailand, not so.  Also, for those who said I should go "home", I do not have a "home" to go to.  Think about it? The word, "home", is a very precious word that most of you enjoy.  However, some of us do not have that luxury or that choice.  Please don't be so pompous about it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/6/2019 at 1:35 PM, Jingthing said:

Pay attention, dude. Reports already in before the official start of this that corrupt agents have ALREADY figured out how to play this new game, for much HIGHER FEES of course.

Don't be naïve and sucked into the propaganda. 
If the real intention was to go after the corruption food chain (which involves three types of people) there were much betterWhatever ways.

Surgical going directly towards the corrupt players rather than burn down the forest variety.

The impact here is to basically punish people that have been following the rules without resorting to joining the corruption food chain. 

Whatever, kindly don't "Pay attention dude" to me. It's just arrogant. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/6/2019 at 8:58 AM, stanleycoin said:

Feel the love, and respect. 

we've had your money,  now get out  :bah:

The true face of Thailand, in it's full glory. 

Money number one. 

Haven't seen any love or respect here for anything