Postman claims drunk cop shot him then charged him with attempted murder

webfact

Postman claims drunk cop shot him then charged him with attempted murder

6pm.jpg

A Kanchanaburi postman has appealed to the Crime Suppression Division claiming he was shot by a drunk cop who later filed charges of attempted murder and other matters against him.

He said he was entirely innocent intimating that the trumped up charges were made to get a senior sergeant major off the hook. He claimed the cop was out of control in the area, frequently drunk and letting off his weapon in bars for fun. 

Yesterday postman Jakkrit Sengjeen, 27, from Muang district of Kanchanaburi went with his 58 year old mother and a lawyer to file a complaint with Pol Lt-Col Aphisan Chairat of the CSD.

Jakkrit said that on the 15th of January he was taking a friend to Muang district on his Honda Wave when outside the Khao Poon school in Nong Ya sub-district he saw a big bike being driven erratically.

Suspecting the rider was drunk he overtook on the right. But at that point the rider of the big bike, in full face helmet, came off his vehicle. 

Jakkrit was in the process of parking his bike and going to the man's assistance when the rider produced a gun and shot twice. One of the bullets hit the frame of his Honda Wave and ricocheted into his left leg. 

His friend fled to a nearby house to seek help and Jakkrit raced off in fear. He then called his mother who filed a complaint with the Muang Kanchanaburi police. 

Jakkrit went to the station and as he was telling his story to investigators three or four burly men arrived saying they were provincial police investigating an attempt to steal a big bike at gunpoint.

Jakkrit was taken to provincial HQ where he denied everything. He was released after an uncle with military connections got him freed.

The pillion passenger, Jakkrit said, was taken into custody by the man on the big bike and beaten up at the Muang Kanchanaburi police station. 

Jakkrit's house was searched and nothing was found. On 21st January a warrant was issued for his arrest on charges of attempted murder, resisting arrest, possession of a gun in a public place and having no licence for a gun. 

He said he was completely innocent and questioned why the initial claim that he had tried to steal a bike was not on the rap sheet. He certainly had no gun. 

He told the CSD that his own investigations in the area revealed that the man who shot him was a senior sergeant major who was frequently drunk and had fired shots for fun in neighborhood pubs. 

He had never met him before or had anything to do with him. In addition the postman said that he himself has no criminal record, has a good job and a stable and reasonably well off family. 

Pol Lt-Col Aphisan took the details of the complaint and promised to follow up. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-02-06

7 minutes ago, webfact said:

He said he was entirely innocent intimating that the trumped up charges were made to get a senior sergeant major off the hook.

Well this is Thailand, so the story is entirely plausible.

He was released after an uncle with military connections got him freed.

Definitely a case of who you know then, as that doesn't work most places.

Pol Lt-Col Aphisan took the details of the complaint and promised to follow up. 

Well I won't be holding my breath waiting for the senior policeman to be arrested.

He claimed the cop was out of control in the area, frequently drunk and letting off his weapon in bars for fun. 

I have  been accused of this sort of behaviour in the past,   down Soi 6.

But it was all true,  and i did discharge my weapon there, several times. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, stanleycoin said:

I have  been accused of this sort of behaviour in the past,   down Soi 6.

But it was all true,  and i did discharge my weapon there, several times. :thumbsup:

I seriously hope there were no richochets ????

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He was released after an uncle with military connections got him freed.

Maybe the retirement visa kerfuffle is a good thing.  Do your really want to live in such a place?  If the people I worked with so wonderful, I would happily spend far less time here.    

Archived