Digital Remittance Made Easy with DeeMoney

Digital Remittance Made Easy with DeeMoney

AW - ThaiVisa-01.jpg

For expats living in Thailand, high exchange rates, exorbitant bank fees, and surprise transaction costs all work to diminish hard-accumulated funds on international wire transactions. It’s one of the most frequently asked questions on online expat forums here, “What’s the fastest and cheapest way to transfer money to [insert country of choice here]”. And before 2018, options were limited to paying over the odds through PayPal, Western Union or a Thai bank of choice.

There’s now a new digital alternative. Expats and small business owners are no longer restricted to Thai banking bureaucracy and extensive administration to wire money abroad. Fintech company DeeMoney, a subsidiary of the successful telecom provider SawasdeeShop, offers the only digital remittance solution available for exchanging and transferring THB into another currency of choice.

True, it is free to send money through PayPal, but recipients pay a significant fee to receive transactions in accordance with the company’s high commission charges and operating costs. Payoneer’s ‘Global Payment Service’ does not include THB—which means that their patrons need to exchange monies before being able to ACH it to another country. And TransferWise is not licensed for THB transactions, so it’s not possible for customers to upload THB onto the platform. Trading it from another currency is achievable, but customers cannot add THB directly to an account balance—even with the company’s new borderless account feature.

For those who haven’t signed up for a DeeMoney Membership yet, simply complete the registration process at the flagship branch on Sukhumvit Soi 8  or one of the other locations to take full advantage of the company’s mobile remittance application. Unlike a large number of Thai banks, DeeMoney places no work permit or visa restrictions on membership. Anyone can sign up with just one form of valid identification.

The DeeMoney mobile app makes it easy for its customers to send money to international recipients in just a couple of clicks, anytime and anywhere. Once downloaded, crediting money transfer transactions is equally simple. DeeMoney works in commercial partnership with banks through API access allowing customers to link their bank accounts to the app to fund transfers quickly and without hassle. Such a partnership makes the DeeMoney app much more accessible and convenient for existing Kasikorn BANK, Siam Commercial Bank, and Bangkok Bank account holders.

Another avenue open to DeeMoney members for crediting international wire transfers is through QR code payments. Customers simply set up the wire transfer to their chosen recipient then select the QR code option to credit their account. Once the QR code is saved to their mobile, DeeMoney members can open their default banking app to scan and complete the payment directly from their bank account. It’s secure, quick, and convenient to make online payments for all international transfers. DeeMoney’s Support page also provides detailed descriptions and videos to demonstrate each payment option in full here. To begin the DeeMoney pre-approval process, sign up here today.

AW-DM-_Compare-table_REV02-ThaiVisa.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2019 at 7:07 PM, digger70 said:

Deemoney Rubbish, lots of adds Can't transfer money  into Thailand from an other country. Come back When you can Transfer In and Out of Thailand.

It’s not meant for transferring INTO Thailand. Anyone can transfer money into Thailand in any number of ways. That’s never been a problem. The problem is trying to transfer money out of Thailand, which is damned near impossible, and this solves it beautifully. I’m not usually one to be pimpin’ other companies services but this is definitely an easy way to get money out of Thailand. And you don’t even have to go to a bank branch and kiss anyone’s ass to to do it. You can wire like $10,000 or $100,000 all from your laptop or phone, very comfortable and easy.

2 hours ago, jasonsamui55 said:

It’s not meant for transferring INTO Thailand. Anyone can transfer money into Thailand in any number of ways. That’s never been a problem. The problem is trying to transfer money out of Thailand, which is damned near impossible, and this solves it beautifully. I’m not usually one to be pimpin’ other companies services but this is definitely an easy way to get money out of Thailand. And you don’t even have to go to a bank branch and kiss anyone’s ass to to do it. You can wire like $10,000 or $100,000 all from your laptop or phone, very comfortable and easy.

One can't even register online one has to find a branch and go the branch and register.Too bad that there's none around here. one can send money Out of Thailand by going to the Bangkok bank easy as Pie . Dee Money,,, crap.

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

One can't even register online

I fell for the same misunderstanding. You can.

I lost interest because they can not send to Euro countries (yet?).

Best continue in this comprehensive thread:

8 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I fell for the same misunderstanding. You can.

I lost interest because they can not send to Euro countries (yet?).

Best continue in this comprehensive thread:

One Can't Register online ,,, one can transfer money online . We don't  have a Dee money Office down here , I am not going to travel 1000Km to register for something I can't sent money in/out off the country.

7 minutes ago, digger70 said:

One Can't Register online ,,, one can transfer money online . We don't  have a Dee money Office down here , I am not going to travel 1000Km to register for something I can't sent money in/out off the country.

You can register from long distance....people have been doing it.  See below DeeMoney webpage on how to register without visiting one of their offices.

https://www.dee.money/get-approved/

You can register remotely.. fill in a couple of forms, and a scan of your ID.

BUT, you can't yet send THB using a laptop/webpage.... although they claim to be working on it.  Currently only from cash at their office or using an app via a smart phone (which I don't use).

11 hours ago, steve73 said:

You can register remotely.. fill in a couple of forms, and a scan of your ID.

BUT, you can't yet send THB using a laptop/webpage.... although they claim to be working on it.  Currently only from cash at their office or using an app via a smart phone (which I don't use).

Both of my DeeMoney transfers were done using my laptop/DeeMoney webpage.

14 hours ago, digger70 said:

One can't even register online one has to find a branch and go the branch and register.Too bad that there's none around here. one can send money Out of Thailand by going to the Bangkok bank easy as Pie . Dee Money,,, crap.

In my experience it’s virtually impossible to wire money out of Thailand, even if you waste hours upon hours sitting in a branch dealing with idiots who act like it’s their first day in the job despite being there 10 years, and even after lots of begging and ass kissing it’s no can do mister farang, we just keep your money here. I’ve tried literally for years with dozens of visits to various branches of my bank, of course including the main one as well. The only way seems to be to have a “connection” at a local branch bank and even then you’re limited to amounts less than $10,000 usd and only to accounts abroad also in your own name.

with Dee money, I did it all 100% online with laptop and phone, all from my home in Koh Samui. Easy peasy. Now can send money any time from Thai bank, even from phone app, even while not even in thailand.

13 hours ago, Pib said:

You can register from long distance....people have been doing it.  See below DeeMoney webpage on how to register without visiting one of their offices.

https://www.dee.money/get-approved/

I just read all the crap one has to go true for the registration .+( To arrange collection of your documentation or to find out branch information please call on 02 821 5555 or message us.)

A lot less trouble with other companies and transfer money into Thailand 

2 hours ago, digger70 said:

I just read all the crap one has to go true for the registration .+( To arrange collection of your documentation or to find out branch information please call on 02 821 5555 or message us.)

A lot less trouble with other companies and transfer money into Thailand 

What's so hard about filling out a simple registration form and attaching a copy of your main passport page for ID.  You then can email/fax it to DeeMoney....and then they mail you your registration card.   Name me one money transfer service or bank in Thailand where you don't fill out documentation and provide ID each time you transfer money out.  The DeeMoney registration is a one time thing and from then on you can transfer from the comfort of your computer or smartphone.  And even with Transferwise you have to provide your address and phone number and upload ID such as a passport (i.e., a registration process).

But if filling out a simple registration form and providing a copy of your passport it too onerous for you, then so be it. 

2 hours ago, Pib said:

What's so hard about filling out a simple registration form and attaching a copy of your main passport page for ID.  You then can email/fax it to DeeMoney....and then they mail you your registration card.   Name me one money transfer service or bank in Thailand where you don't fill out documentation and provide ID each time you transfer money out.  The DeeMoney registration is a one time thing and from then on you can transfer from the comfort of your computer or smartphone.  And even with Transferwise you have to provide your address and phone number and upload ID such as a passport (i.e., a registration process).

But if filling out a simple registration form and providing a copy of your passport it too onerous for you, then so be it. 

Yes that’s exactly what you need to do, so simple and easy. Fill out a simple form and answer a few questions, scan and email back with a copy of your passport. Takes 10 minutes. Then wait for the card in the post.

19 hours ago, digger70 said:

You do it via email. Email can travel thousands of km faster than you so you don’t need to travel ????

5 hours ago, Pib said:

Not transferring money out.

3 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Just comparing , and see what all the positive bull was about.

Well, I can attest DeeMoney works fine, easy, and fast in two transfers to my US bank.  Plus its much cheaper than using a Thai bank. Funds posted 2.5 days after sending.

Thank you for bringing up these questions. We are sure a lot of people In Thailand would have the same concerns. We are the only Thai non-bank entity that allows you to transfer money out of Thailand. You can bring in money through various service providers.

Registration Process

1. Up until January 2019, due to regulations from Bank of Thailand we could not provide offsite registration services. Good news is that now BOT has relaxed these rules and we can now register anyone living anywhere in Thailand. This means that you dont need to come to the branch for registrations anymore. Just submit your contact details through the form on our website and we will get in touch with you at your convenient place and time.  

2. We only need one-time, one-document  registration to get you started. You can share any one of the following documents - a) Passport b) Thai driving license c) Thai ID

Download our app and transfer money from anywhere and anytime. So you don't need to visit our branch or cash-in partner for anything unless you are transferring cash.

New corridors

Lot of customers have requested us to start services in Euro countries and we are happy to let you know that we are working on it and very soon we will add these countries to our list.

Archived