I am disgusted of how they treat foreigners in Thailand

3421abc

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Perhaps an unfair comparison - it sounds like the 100,000 you quoted are hard working folk appreciative of the chance to improve their lot - compare that to 100,000 coming to Thailand, a sizeable portion of whom will contribute naff all, complain endlessly about how Thailand owes them a cushy life, adorn the place with Singha vests and can usually be seen talking to themselves over a 10am Leo !

The Thais in LA are taking jobs from locals, and probably sending money home ...... a net loss to the USA.

The western people in Thailand are importing foreign currency ...... a net gain to Thailand.

You clearly don't understand economics and World Trade.

44 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Sure they have a right to be angry, they also have a right to assess what is irking them and address it instead of endlessly whining about something they apparently have no control over wasting large portions of their one and only life. 

Assess, Adapt if needed, Act !

Is that not what a forum is for? You agree with them, that is fine, but they are not wasting large portions

of their one and only life, as you said they have a right to be angry, let them express it.

A lot of expats are waking up to what Big Joke is doing to make it difficult for foreigners to remain living in Thailand.  Who ever cut him loose on the foreign population of Thailand, will think back and say, what was I thinking.  If ever Thailand had a money tree, it was the foreigners who used to live here.  Big Joke is cutting the money tree down out of some national pride. ????

On 2/11/2019 at 10:47 PM, possum1931 said:

Didn't you read my post? The crisps were for sale in the room. So what you mean is people should buy the crisps in the room, then go outside and eat them when there is a 7-11 round the corner selling them at half the price the hotel charges.

This is getting stupid, this stops right now. This debate is finished.

Thailand cockroaches are apparently able to open crisp packets.

53 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Perhaps an unfair comparison - it sounds like the 100,000 you quoted are hard working folk appreciative of the chance to improve their lot - compare that to 100,000 coming to Thailand, a sizeable portion of whom will contribute naff all, complain endlessly about how Thailand owes them a cushy life, adorn the place with Singha vests and can usually be seen talking to themselves over a 10am Leo !

Ben - What you say is true for the mostpart BUT there are also good farangs that won't be able to meet the new requirements who live a clean life and support a family in Thailand. Hopefully there will be a way to exempt these good folks from the new rules so they can stay. 

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

Sure they have a right to be angry, they also have a right to assess what is irking them and address it instead of endlessly whining about something they apparently have no control over wasting large portions of their one and only life. 

Assess, Adapt if needed, Act !

Life is full of little irks.

1 hour ago, HuskerDo said:

Ben - What you say is true for the mostpart BUT there are also good farangs that won't be able to meet the new requirements who live a clean life and support a family in Thailand. Hopefully there will be a way to exempt these good folks from the new rules so they can stay. 

I consider myself a 'bad foreigner' (I drink beer a lot, pay for sex occasionally and drive a scooter without a helmet often), but I have no problem staying by hook or by crook, I can just pay an agent or lawyer (haven't needed to so far).

Or could just buy an Elite card, but it seems the police can cancel them a bit too easily.

Do I really want to stay here full-time is the question I ask myself?

I like Cambodia, Vietnam and the Philippines as well.

Plenty of choices, and even easier if you only want to spend 4-6 months in any one country.

11 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I consider myself a 'bad foreigner' (I drink beer a lot, pay for sex occasionally and drive a scooter without a helmet often), but I have no problem staying by hook or by crook, I can just pay an agent or lawyer (haven't needed to so far).

Or could just buy an Elite card, but it seems the police can cancel them a bit too easily.

Do I really want to stay here full-time is the question I ask myself?

I like Cambodia, Vietnam and the Philippines as well.

Plenty of choices, and even easier if you only want to spend 4-6 months in any one country.

hi bm2, did you ever see a power-out in vietnam ?

how would you compare vietnam with ph ?

2 hours ago, brokenbone said:

hi bm2, did you ever see a power-out in vietnam ?

how would you compare vietnam with ph ?

Viet hookers are much more expensive.

Viet coffee is much better but different (made with condensed milk). Didn't find any decent drinkable coffee in PH.

Didn't see any power outs in HCMC, Subic had one a week for about 2 hours.

Archived