Jazz, Yaris or Mazda 2

gmac

1 hour ago, Kalasin Jo said:

The new MG 3 looks good for a small car. Since the badge was bought by and cars built in China MG have popped up all over Thailand and sell competitively against Japanese marques. Cheekily badged on the rear to suggest there is something British about it, I don't think there  is anything British about it now  except that badge! Haven't driven one yet though.

Think you will find guys in the UK did design stuff but it is a Chinese manufactured ride...Yes using the Morris Garages name (which has RACING roots)..????

If it were called Chow Ming Motors the sales maybe not as good..????

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, transam said:

Think you will find guys in the UK did design stuff but it is a Chinese manufactured ride...Yes using the Morris Garages name (which has RACING roots)..????

If it were called Chow Ming Motors the sales maybe not as good..????

Sounds more like oral sex than a  Chin Car Firm.!

The Jazz is the most practical and usable of the 3, the fold flat seats means it can easily hold as much as most of the CUVs on the market. I've been able to fit more in one than a Toyota Land Cruiser. It also doesn't feel slow with the CVT, as it's a surprisingly lightweight car.

The Mazda is the most fun to drive, and has the most "smart" safety features like auto braking, lane departure, etc (depending what trim level you buy). It's the best looking of the 3.

The Yaris splits the difference, not as useful or fun to drive.

1 hour ago, Sam Lin said:

The Jazz is the most practical and usable of the 3, the fold flat seats means it can easily hold as much as most of the CUVs on the market. I've been able to fit more in one than a Toyota Land Cruiser. It also doesn't feel slow with the CVT, as it's a surprisingly lightweight car.

The Mazda is the most fun to drive, and has the most "smart" safety features like auto braking, lane departure, etc (depending what trim level you buy). It's the best looking of the 3.

The Yaris splits the difference, not as useful or fun to drive.

The new Jazz can be seen on You Tube with that many feature for dummies i fell asleep before it ended .

Mazda2. Best bang for buck. Good infotainment system (MZD Connect). I squeezed the dealer to include CarPlay and Android Auto for free (he wanted 4000 baht initially). Very fuel economical with the skyaktiv engine but apparently Mazda will be releasing the skyaktiv x this year.
Interior feels a lot more expensive than it actually is. Cruise control, hud display, central commander knob.
Both the Jazz and Yaris are completely overpriced compared to the Mazda.
I like the Swift but the interior left me wanting.
I drove from CM to Pattaya and then to Isaan. Felt comfortable, plenty roomy inside (I’m 180 cm, 95kgs of muscle, sorry, fat). Averaging a total 18km/l, using E20

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Oops, left out some more info. I bought the 1.3 petrol engine. Bought it during a recent exhibition in Robinsons mall. I went with the hiconnect trim (rrp 620,000 baht). Discount of 40,000 baht. Paid 12,000 for the soul crystal red (I think it’s called) paint job. Free upgrade to pvc leather seats, your choice of colour (salesgirl came to my house for us to choose)

Oops, left out some more info. I bought the 1.3 petrol engine. Bought it during a recent exhibition in Robinsons mall. I went with the hiconnect trim (rrp 620,000 baht). Discount of 40,000 baht. Paid 12,000 for the soul crystal red (I think it’s called) paint job. Free upgrade to pvc leather seats, your choice of colour (salesgirl came to my house for us to choose)

Sounds like a great deal.

Did you get hatchback or sedan ?, I like the look of the Mazda 2 sedan or the Mazda 3 hatchback.

Sounds like a great deal.

Did you get hatchback or sedan ?, I like the look of the Mazda 2 sedan or the Mazda 3 hatchback.

Got the hatchback as it’s more practical and also a shorter length for my other half who is a brand new driver (less than 10 hours driving experience lol)

If it was for me, I would have bought the CX5 or 6 I think

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Interesting replies and I'm glad it's going to be up to the wife!  We both like the Jazz but agree it's overpriced and probably more so when the 2019 version arrives if it's got all the technical upgrades shown in the youtube video.  Personally I think I would go with Gweiloman's Mazda 2 as it sounds good value, but as I said, it's up to the missus and the Jazz is a bit more roomy and practical..........aaaargh!!

Interesting replies and I'm glad it's going to be up to the wife!  We both like the Jazz but agree it's overpriced and probably more so when the 2019 version arrives if it's got all the technical upgrades shown in the youtube video.  Personally I think I would go with Gweiloman's Mazda 2 as it sounds good value, but as I said, it's up to the missus and the Jazz is a bit more roomy and practical..........aaaargh!!

My other car is a Ford pickup so I have all the room I need if I need it :)

I would go for a Swift....I have spent some time scanning it's stuff...But then I am not a "badge" person....Folk here sometimes are...[emoji39]

I was this lose to buying the Swift myself but the overall fit and finish of the Mazda (and egged on by the misses of course) clinched it for the Mazda. If they sold the Swift Sport here, then it would have been a no brainer for me.

On 2/14/2019 at 7:39 AM, gmac said:

The mazda 2 lacks space in the rear seat, so if you regularly carry more than 2 adults, it may be cramped (though most Thais are quite short so it may not be a problem. The resale on the jazz is historically insanely high (just look at the car tent stupid prices for it). Unless you really need a car now, get the mazda, but if you can wait, see what the new jazz/city is like. 

19 hours ago, DavisH said:

The mazda 2 lacks space in the rear seat, so if you regularly carry more than 2 adults, it may be cramped (though most Thais are quite short so it may not be a problem. The resale on the jazz is historically insanely high (just look at the car tent stupid prices for it). Unless you really need a car now, get the mazda, but if you can wait, see what the new jazz/city is like. 

Thanks, the new Jazz certainly sounds interesting and having had one before I know how big and useful they are but I fear yet another price hike with all the updated gadgets.  I have got a City to trade though so maybe an insanely high trade-in might make it feasible. 

1 hour ago, gmac said:

Thanks, the new Jazz certainly sounds interesting and having had one before I know how big and useful they are but I fear yet another price hike with all the updated gadgets.  I have got a City to trade though so maybe an insanely high trade-in might make it feasible. 

Try to sell privately if you can. The tents don't give much these days. I just sold my 2004 2.0 honda for 230K with 250K kms on it. We will be buying the crv diesel. What year and model is your city? You can go here to check the market value. 

https://www.thanachartbluebook.com/search.asp

example from the site:

image.png.eef52cb5c539e8e1ef9d87d89ea5a337.png

20 hours ago, DavisH said:

Try to sell privately if you can. The tents don't give much these days. I just sold my 2004 2.0 honda for 230K with 250K kms on it. We will be buying the crv diesel. What year and model is your city? You can go here to check the market value. 

https://www.thanachartbluebook.com/search.asp

example from the site:

image.png.eef52cb5c539e8e1ef9d87d89ea5a337.png

Useful site if I can believe the prices!  That's my year in your example and that is surely an insanely high price!  Then again if you sold a 14 year old Honda for 230k with that mileage I suppose it is about right.  

You are right, they are insanely high prices.
I tried my car and it quoted 1 million where values on selling sites indicate 800k asking price.

Useful site if I can believe the prices!  That's my year in your example and that is surely an insanely high price!  Then again if you sold a 14 year old Honda for 230k with that mileage I suppose it is about right.  

Sent from my Mi A1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 hours ago, Caiman said:

You are right, they are insanely high prices.
I tried my car and it quoted 1 million where values on selling sites indicate 800k asking price.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

My honda was quoted at 215K on that site. I got 230K but gave the sis-in-law a spotters fee and had to replace the radiator the day we sold it lol. Dealer tents seem to advertise it for around this price, but perhaps newer cars are more variable in the asking price. Browsing the tent site should give a fair idea of an asking price.

I like Mazda 3, and all the rest they do, but waiting for Mrs H and watching Cars pass, was shocked to see how a stumpy 2 looks, its like a Mitsu cheapo when stacked against a smart Jazz or Yaris. No idea of prices, but for looks, to me they are awful looking blobs.. Id expect one chucked on the  trolley at Macro FREE..! No wonder Suzuki are winning.

1 hour ago, HAKAPALITA said:

I like Mazda 3, and all the rest they do, but waiting for Mrs H and watching Cars pass, was shocked to see how a stumpy 2 looks, its like a Mitsu cheapo when stacked against a smart Jazz or Yaris. No idea of prices, but for looks, to me they are awful looking blobs.. Id expect one chucked on the  trolley at Macro FREE..! No wonder Suzuki are winning.

F086035A-2E58-46F1-91BC-778A6844F823.thumb.jpeg.0caff15fe91dc21c2d6713f0adbdacdc.jpegDoes my arse look big in this dear? Lol

Archived