Will blue stamped tourist visa affect marriage visa application?

As the title says.

I got bluestamped at Vientiane last time, it was my 2nd visa from there which made up a total of 3 touristvisas in passport. No visa exempts in passport. 

I am now in process of getting the papers required to get a certificate from my embassy, legalise it e.tc. And then we will register the marriage at my girlfriend's ampur. 

I will then head to savannakhet and apply for a multi entry marriage visa. 

However i am a bit worried since thai authority's are so unpredictable and my country only allow a maximum of 3 passports in 5 years and I am on my last one. 

Edited by Okis

• 1 month later...

On 2/6/2019 at 2:55 PM, ubonjoe said:

You should not have a problem applying for a non-o visa in Savannakhet since you will not be applying for another tourist visa.

Thank you, can't say I'm worryless but logically it shouldn't be a issue but then again.. Thailand. ????

So I have some other questions that might be better to ask here than creating a new thread. 

So today we registered our marriage and i've already made the copies needed and a folder with those and the original marriage cert. 

First question. My wife's tambien baan, it's only the two pages with my wife's name e.tc that needs to be copied right?  

Second question, I'm looking forward to take the flight from Lao back to where we live without having to cross landborders but the airport immigration still feels scary.  Is the 20k baht for show also needed for non immigrant-o visas? 

Edited by Okis

You need a copy of page one and the page that your wife is registered on of the tambien ban.

With a non-o visa you should not have a problem on entry at a airport.

Immigration can ask to see the equivalent of 20k baht when using any visa for entry to the country. But not very likely with a non immigrant visa.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You need a copy of page one and the page that your wife is registered on of the tambien ban.

With a non-o visa you should not have a problem on entry at a airport.

Immigration can ask to see the equivalent of 20k baht when using any visa for entry to the country. But not very likely with a non immigrant visa.

Thanks Ubonjoe, you're awesome as always! 

FYI - I have 2 ME Non-Os from Savan plus another SE Non-O from elsewhere based on marriage with a "remark stamp" on a TR Visa in that same passport. 

I have not read a report where the "remark stamp" on a TR Visa affected ED or Non-O applications anywhere.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update: No problems getting the visa.  

Don't go there on Monday's, it was a almost a three hour queue. 

AND

I read it in so many reports with people boldtexting "check your stamp after getting passport back" while going trough the landborder. I forgot that advice and discovered that the officer forgot to change from march to april on his stamper. Luckily the bus was still waiting for passengers so i was able to run back to immigration and get a new correct stamp. 

• Like 1