Clock Ticking On Junta Party’s PM Offer To Prayuth

webfact

5 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

The election law does allow a re-nomination of candidate should the previous candidate withdraw or deemed illegible. Think the time frame is till next Friday. 

A good point. And due to these events, I believe the vast majority of the Thai people would be willing to elect anybody with a pulse, anyone with any shred of credibility, instead of Prayuth. He is despised to such an extent by the people. And that was before this stunt. So, this may not be over. Before we know it, Justin Bieber could be the next Thai PM. Nearly everyone is sick and tired of the army, their inability to get anything done, their destruction of the tourism trade (which has affected millions), their censorship, rules, pronouncements, television interruptions, their moral crusades, and their daily proclamations. And most of all, their gross incompetence. So, maybe, just maybe this could end up backfiring, and the consequence could be something entirely unanticipated by the puppet masters. Let us hope and pray that this nation is allowed to return to a state of normality, and the hapless leaders are sent out to pasture, where they belong. Goodbye Prayuth. Goodbye Biggest Joke. Goodbye Prawit and the rest of the meritless squad.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Still think the last 24 hours event was cocordinated for the message and not the messenger. The message will affect the election.   

EXACTLY!! This was discussed.....it didnt just happen. There is a message being sent to the nation. A certain person doesnt even have to mention a word about it....yet we all know the thinking behind it.

30 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

EXACTLY!! This was discussed.....it didnt just happen. There is a message being sent to the nation. A certain person doesnt even have to mention a word about it....yet we all know the thinking behind it.

What is the message? I am not being facetious...I genuinely have no idea.

what is the message?

3 hours ago, poohy said:

The option yesterday was the way  to sort out the mess Thailand in it was taken away which shows how scared the elites are, possibly the biggest mistake they have ever made as it may cost them dearly!

This might have been a defining moment in Thailand's history. Glad I was here to experience it, now excuse me while I revisit my plan B-C-D-E-F to check if the exit needs to be expedited before the shit starts hitting the fan.

26 minutes ago, bowerboy said:

What is the message? I am not being facetious...I genuinely have no idea.

what is the message?

If there is a deliberate message intentionally being sent to the nation and planned from the beginning, then it is a rather garbled one.

I do not believe - as some seem to - that this whole thing was a very elaborate, intricate, convoluted conspiracy from the start. I think the original idea was quite simple,  yet stunning, almost brilliant in its audacity: put forward someone who could NOT lose the election, and thus break the junta stranglehold over the nation for the foreseeable future. 

However, things went wrong. A spanner got thrown into the works ...

I think what we have before us is a monumental example of a Thai c..k-up.

The result: an (originally unintended, but now de facto) message is now being sent out - that the junta is here to stay.

If there is a deliberate message intentionally being sent to the nation and planned from the beginning, then it is a rather garbled one.
I do not believe - as some seem to - that this whole thing was a very elaborate, intricate, convoluted conspiracy from the start. I think the original idea was quite simple,  yet stunning, almost brilliant in its audacity: put forward someone who could NOT lose the election, and thus break the junta stranglehold over the nation for the foreseeable future. 

However, things went wrong. A spanner got thrown into the works ...

I think what we have before us is a monumental example of a Thai c..k-up.
The result: an (originally unintended, but now de facto) message is now being sent out - that the junta is here to stay.

And protected and supported by he who can’t be named

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I guess mortals like us will never know the real story behind the genesis of the event. With the dust settle, how will this affect the election. 

For Thai Raksa, the overt endorsement will be a big boost for their election bids. Their supporters will be energized to come out to vote. Her endorsement may also attract some yellow shirts. Perhaps bit of good will spill over to Pheu Thai too. 

She is is well loved by the younger generation and has almost 31 m followers on social media. We can expect a big portion will follow her public party allegiance and vote. Bad news for junta parties. 

I am glad she got her speech out and not restricted by the junta. Her call for the common people was an indirect jab at the elitist and hard core yellow shirts. May shake things up there.

its has been a bad week for the junta and the public sentiment against them will go up several notches and right up to Election Day. As far as I see, junta political parties will be toast come Election Day. If he is lucky, he may still get a position with the Privy Council. 

for 24 hours i was loving the freedom and end to oppression and now i have no idea what it will bring, so in the meantime its back to life with low iq propaganda with x-ray outlaws, tightening of restrictions of stay and the good olde grass-a-foreigner hotline, thanks a lot joker home boy and gang

The claim of wholesale popularity was way overblown and in fact was pushing people towards a Prayut vote, nobody wants to see the return of the shins..
That's absolute non sense.
She's very popular and liked all over here.
Most people don't mind T. either.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

The claim of wholesale popularity was way overblown and in fact was pushing people towards a Prayut vote, nobody wants to see the return of the shins..

Gotta be the dumbest comment so far !!

54 minutes ago, wreckingcountry said:

And protected and supported by he who can’t be named

I suppose allegiances can change over time especially in the murky world of politics

I was always under the impression Mr T and those who cannot be named were friends,or a last had a relationship  and that was a concern in previous times.

25 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

That's as glib as saying everybody wants to see the continuance

of Prayuth and the current government.

11 minutes ago, poohy said:

I suppose allegiances can change over time especially in the murky world of politics

I was always under the impression Mr T and those who cannot be named were friends,or a last had a relationship  and that was a concern in previous times.

Guns pointed at heads.

11 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Hands forced.

True colours shown.

Battle lines clearly defined.

This was just hors d'oeuvres.

Visa regs should now be the last concern.

Getting out.....the first.

Unfortunately this showed the rift goes all the way to the top and another front opened up. It either drags on for decades or explodes violently. Can't see any good outcome now.

4 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

No, it was comparing a bad and an abhorrent situation. The military definitely have worn out their welcome but that which occurred was not the solution Thai people were looking for imho. 

Which Thai people?

If you mean the misguided idiots who took part in the shutdown Bangkok protests and others like them , then I agree with you.

They were the ones who were seeking a solution.

A solution to what ?

A solution to the very clear , obvious and oft repeated fact that people they don't like keep winning elections by a big majority.

For them , democracy will never work.

Why ? Because they cannot accept the result of an election unless their horse wins. 

Then they have the gall to say that the rural masses don't understand democracy !

And so, in their peevish little minds they thought that they could use the army to do their bidding and circumvent the democratic process again as they did when they got Abhisit in the driving seat.

Unfortunately , this time it has all gone horribly wrong and frankly they at least thoroughly deserve any misfortune that comes their way as a result of their selfishness.

Pity everybody else will have to suffer too.

7 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Hands forced.

True colours shown.

Battle lines clearly defined.

This was just hors d'oeuvres.

Visa regs should now be the last concern.

Getting out.....the first.

Dont think you are far wrong

By the year end i imagine visa reg maybe the least of our worries it may take while but its going to get messy!

I am still not convinced election will even go ahead in light of yesterdays events  if it does you really would think they would replace little p as he is universally hated and somewhat challenged in leadership, charisma temperament and intellect 

7 minutes ago, poohy said:

Dont think you are far wrong

By the year end i imagine visa reg maybe the least of our worries it may take while but its going to get messy!

I am still not convinced election will even go ahead in light of yesterdays events  if it does you really would think they would replace little p as he is universally hated and somewhat challenged in leadership, charisma temperament and intellect 

It looks to me as though the Powers That Be have basically decided to keep Prayut in place. The fact that he was allowed to stand against a certain person yesterday is pretty much proof (to me) that he is the man they have decided to stick with. He is good for them - does their bidding very well. He benefits the tiny less-than-1% of the people. I will never forget what a fairly highly-connected fascist professor at Chulalongkorn University told me just over a year ago: that he was confident that Prayut and his team would win the election.

However, I (and others) have long predicted that this year will see outbreaks (limited in scale, but even so) of popular opposition (to put it mildly) ...

Archived