French man, 51, arrested for child rape in Thailand

webfact

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, manarak said:

maybe you can remind her that old Thai men are number one here for sexually abusing young girls and boys... without even paying, if I remember the press articles correctly.

A " press article" does not equate to fact.

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Two boys reportedly told police they were invited on Facebook by the suspect to have sex with him for Bt800-Bt1,000.

Hope the perpetrator will have his deserved punishment, certainly in France, here in Thailand money can eventually bail him out.

Scary is that juveniles are prepared to participate  in those " activities ".

Are they so desperate, or is money so predominant?

8 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

unfortunately they come in all shapes, sizes, places and jobs

But fortunately there are nowhere near as many of them floating around Cambodia, Thailand etc as there were 20 years back. Laws have been tightened, groups set up to monitor the activities of pedophiles and communication between police in different countries is much more sophisticated. Hotels and guest houses don't allow single men to bring children to their rooms. Those like this guy who are still operating have had to seek a more clandestine modus operandi. I would suggest that those boys contacted via Facebook were already Facebook friends made through his 'activities' at the stadium. As already stated, the main offenders would be local men with a foreigners significantly in a dwindling minority.

1 minute ago, Spock said:

But fortunately there are nowhere near as many of them floating around Cambodia, Thailand etc as there were 20 years back. Laws have been tightened, groups set up to monitor the activities of pedophiles and communication between police in different countries is much more sophisticated. Hotels and guest houses don't allow single men to bring children to their rooms. Those like this guy who are still operating have had to seek a more clandestine modus operandi. I would suggest that those boys contacted via Facebook were already Facebook friends made through his 'activities' at the stadium. As already stated, the main offenders would be local men with a foreigners significantly in a dwindling minority.

and the point is  ?????

13 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

I find all the comments interesting as had it been young girls that were the victims I suspect most would be ok with it especially if they were 16 or 17. 

Let the mother(s) of the girls cut his weenie off just like a jealous Thai woman would do to her husband if she caught him cheating.  

Your argument breaks down somewhat because the boys were 13-15 not 16-17. I imagine there would also be less of an outcry if the boys were 16-17. In any case, strictly speaking the Frenchman is not classified as a pedophile as the cut-off point for prepubescent children is 13. He is more accurately described as a hebephile.

16 hours ago, Nip said:

The way the Thai judicial system works he will probably be sent to a juvenile detention center? My buddies 12 year old daughter was abducted and raped by a Bangkok taxi driver and the boll0x was not just out of prison but back driving his taxi within three months. I would suspect the French judicial system would deal with him more harshly and appropriately?

Yes. And once he is dealt with  here, he will have lost his job in Singapore and will be deported back to France where he will face charges. Westerners  should not forget that they can be prosecuted for sex crimes in their own countries  in addition to what they face in Thailand.

15 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

Dependent on your reasons and intentions for having the items, it could. Prostitution is, surprisingly, illegal for providers, and in some cases customers, in Thailand, especially if not under official patronage.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_Thailand

LOL- Ray get a life- your supposition is laughable and ye t another reason not to live there with paranoid people such as yourself:)

2 minutes ago, Spock said:

Your argument breaks down somewhat because the boys were 13-15 not 16-17. I imagine there would also be less of an outcry if the boys were 16-17. In any case, strictly speaking the Frenchman is not classified as a pedophile as the cut-off point for prepubescent children is 13. He is more accurately described as a hebephile.

My argument doesn't break down as the age for making "adult" decisions is 18 in most countries. Consider if (and maybe you do) you have a teenage son or daughter. Would it be ok with you if they were lured to a freakish old mans hotel room to be abused at age 17 verses age 15? I certainly hope not. Kids are kids and should be protected until they can make "adult" decisions on their own. 

54 minutes ago, graeme64 said:

Oh Dear Oh Dear. FACTS.

"Expat is short for the word “expatriate“. An expatriate is simply a person who lives in a different country than the one in which they were born. ."

So a Frenchman living in Singapore is an ??????? 

All together now ..... 

Don't bandy words with me.

This man is a tourist in Thailand.

Try tut-tutting elsewhere.

The definition you are quoting is so broad as to be meaningless.

Never heard of an Australian scientist at Mawson Base in Antarctica on a year's contract described as an "expat".

Inasmuch as I may be not the best (since not living there, but engaged to someone in Phuket and accumulating money) to open my mouth to anything actually. Most stories I am aghast, although understanding. With solicited sex in areas, what does one expect? You either grant it illegal, or you look the other way. Simple.

But anyway...kudos to those hyprocrite "policia" who tend to get away with everything, yet bust those who do less (criminally) than you.

15 hours ago, Artisi said:

While the majority of sex crime in Thailand against children is from within the family. 

I agree but sadly for our young children this is the case worldwide. The majority of abusers are family members or persons known to the victim. 

Hopefully this Frenchman will get jailed for a longtime and dealt with appropriately. 

19 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Westerners  should not forget that they can be prosecuted for sex crimes in their own countries  in addition to what they face in Thailand.

If one engages in prostitution (no matter what age) in Thailand, should they not be prosecuted back in their own country where prostitution is illegal - like USA?

9 minutes ago, Pravda said:

If one engages in prostitution (no matter what age) in Thailand, should they not be prosecuted back in their own country where prostitution is illegal - like USA?

Why bother with the cost of another trial and lawyer fees in their home country? Just give them a life sentence in Thailand.

If he has money all charges will be dropped and he will be free to go. 

Our neighbours 12 year old was raped by a 19 year old man, money was paid and the man was left to continue with his life. He then had underage sex with a 14 year old and the police suggested he pay the family 30,000 baht and marry the girl, which he did.

As the farther of a teenage girl it can a little worrying.

3 minutes ago, mick220675 said:

Our neighbours 12 year old was raped by a 19 year old man, money was paid and the man was left to continue with his life. He then had underage sex with a 14 year old and the police suggested he pay the family 30,000 baht and marry the girl, which he did.

I'm curious how it is that you follow the exploits of this pervert. So marriage between a 19 y.o. and 14 y.o. is ok in Thailand? Seems odd.

I can see his defence now.   I didn't know they were underage as I have this blindfold covering his eyes.  

Why aren't we permitted to see the eyes of a paedophile ?   (In these cases I'm not really sorry if that sounds like guilty until proven innocent.)

31 minutes ago, mick220675 said:

And there we have it- you can't teach an old dog new tricks. "How" you are raised and more importantly how the society views and acts re: people and what is expected of them is obviously a big part of that society. There will always be people that violate the norm, but it seems to me that Thailand violates many norms.

Archived