Powered Speaker Repair in BKK?

OliverKlozerof

Go to Thanon Ban Mo near Chinatown.  They have dozens of shops, kiosks and guys working under umbrellas right on the street.

Enter the name into Google Maps or Google Earth for the exact location.  Focus on the areas by the river near the BG Sound store.  Also the alley by Ban Moh Plaza and Ban Mo Square.

Ban Mo BKK.gif

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Go to Thanon Ban Mo near Chinatown.  They have dozens of shops, kiosks and guys working under umbrellas right on the street.

Been there many times...know exactly where you're talking about. I'm sure you're right, if anyone can fix it, they can. But now I'm thinking I'll probably just get some new ones. Because: 1) It's most of a day getting there and back with my speakers, 2) Guessing I'd have to return to pick them up, 3) Once fixed, no guarantee won't happen again, 4) Can get brand new, different brand for around ฿6000 over here in Sukhumvit area. 

7 minutes ago, OliverKlozerof said:

Been there many times...know exactly where you're talking about. I'm sure you're right, if anyone can fix it, they can. But now I'm thinking I'll probably just get some new ones. Because: 1) It's most of a day getting there and back with my speakers, 2) Guessing I'd have to return to pick them up, 3) Once fixed, no guarantee won't happen again, 4) Can get brand new, different brand for around ฿6000 over here in Sukhumvit area. 

I used to put stuff like that on my "while I'm already in the neighborhood" list.  I may even buy the replacements, then get the original pair repaired as a backup.  Planned obsolescence is just part of today's reality. 

For less than $200 USD, it hardly rates a special all day slog.  Unless there's some nostalgia attached to those particular speakers.  

Archived